• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that meeting was fruitful.

I found two interesting links which I posted in General, and had an issue to solve.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just gritted my teeth and phoned ao.com to see if they would take away the old gas cooker when delivering the new one on Monday. To my astonishment, getting through the automated part of the phone process was trivial, and once I was speaking to a human they added it to the order at no extra charge

If they deliver in the morning on Monday, the new one can probably be connected by that afternoon, depending on how busy the gas man is. Otherwise it'll have to wait until Friday, though that's hardly an issue given how long I've been without one

Comment

And I've just paid the Council Tax. I paid the water rates the other day, so that's two things I don't have to worry about for another year

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Property of a Mr. J Sainsbury by any chance?
          nah.

Property of Skool of Computing.

Different kind of trolley.

http://www.theworkplacedepot.co.uk/h...FaMK0wodVsAFRg
          Last edited by zeitghost; 10 March 2017, 15:27.

Comment

And I've just paid the Council Tax. I paid the water rates the other day, so that's two things I don't have to worry about for another year
            Wot? In one chunk?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Wot? In one chunk?
              "Some people do you know!"

As I was rudely informed by Thames Water just before I found out they were over charging me and I couldn't have a water meter.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wot? In one chunk?
                Yep. The interest rate on my savings is now so low that I'd rather just pay the bill and not have to think about it for the rest of the year

Comment

Yep. The interest rate on my savings is now so low that I'd rather just pay the bill and not have to think about it for the rest of the year
                  That's what I do for the ZeitParents' house.

It does sting a bit mind.

Comment

After the excitement of the 16:29 125 grinding to an emergency stop because it "hit an obstruction on the track at Llansamlet", I got home to the ZeitParents' house to find that the BBC tax people had paid a visit, only to find no one in.

Well there's a surprise then.

No doubt they'll be back only to find I'm not in then too.

I wonder how long I can string this out for.

Comment

After the excitement of the 16:29 125 grinding to an emergency stop because it "hit an obstruction on the track at Llansamlet", I got home to the ZeitParents' house to find that the BBC tax people had paid a visit, only to find no one in.

Well there's a surprise then.

No doubt they'll be back only to find I'm not in then too.

I wonder how long I can string this out for.
                      They're on commission, so they'll keep coming back as long as they think there's a score in it for them

Comment

Working...
                      X