• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog walked, boot store wood painted (to be constructed soon), sitting down ready for a glass of vino
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Breaking waves of braking waves.

It's kinda poetic.
      Indeed - although the only place there could be any waves along there is the Great Ouse, and the odd fen

Comment

I finally remembered to call the gas man today. He's going to pop round tomorrow to disconnect the old gas cooker and cap off the pipe, ready for it to be taken away

The new cooker arrives on Monday but the only time I have is "between 9AM and 7PM" so I'll have to wait until next week to get him back to attach that.

And I need to arrange for the junk collectors to come and remove the old fridge freezer and bed settee along with the cooker, though after last week's cabinet disassembly there's enough free space for the cooker to hang around until they can make it here.

Comment

Down Devon tomorrow night in a white van. Almost TFBSZ.

Comment

Chicken korma with rice and a naan for dinner

And the recycling has been taken out, and the bin moved out of the yard to its collection point, as moving it at seven in the morning isn't really fair on those who live in the flats facing the back.

Time for a drink to celebrate Thursday - a glass of wine tonight, just for a change

Comment

Well, that wasn't as bad a day as some recently.

TFBSZ.

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather grey out there, and mildly chilly to boot

I was going to pop down and open the gate, then get back to bed and sleep for a couple more hours; but the fresh air woke me up enough that I've decided to keep going, as I want to get various things sorted out in the kitchen ready for the cooker-related upheavals to come. Definitely time for a coffee first, though

Comment

morning. And Friday Morning too, which is better.

Switched my energy supplier already - I was prompted by the receipt of an annual statement. Gone with some co-operative managed by Nottingham council on grounds of cheapness and having fallen out with most of the names I actually recognised £42 a month for dual fuel - the benefits of 1) having a log burner 2) working away through winter and 3) quite liking a cool bedroom to sleep in anyway

Comment

Morning all TFIF, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X