• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    After the excitement of the 16:29 125 grinding to an emergency stop because it "hit an obstruction on the track at Llansamlet", I got home to the ZeitParents' house to find that the BBC tax people had paid a visit, only to find no one in.

Well there's a surprise then.

No doubt they'll be back only to find I'm not in then too.

I wonder how long I can string this out for.
    But no-one lives there and watches telly there, so there is no money for them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      But no-one lives there and watches telly there, so there is no money for them.
      Assuming Zeity is doing a good job making the house look occupied* they are not going to know otherwise so best to string them along until someone knocks when you are in and can tell them they've been wasting their time..

* don't do this by having the TV display real time broadcasts or iplayer though...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What's the plan for the house, zeity?

Finally got mother's flat sold, but for a lot less than it was valued at. Still - it's done, and hopefully the new old lady will be happy there.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Finally got mother's flat sold, but for a lot less than it was valued at. Still - it's done, and hopefully the new old lady will be happy there.
          Evening MS

Comment

so the useless clientco German has discovered I'm on holiday in 2 weeks time and has now revealed he's off at the same time.

Shame I know his holiday booking was made after mine was announced and before his boss found out he was needed...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Evening MS
              A very fine evening it is too.

Comment

A very fine evening it is too.
                Splendid!

It's fairly mild out here. Cloudy, but the nearly-full moon is managing to shine through it

Comment

Pork spare rib steak for tea, with chips and beans

Staying up after unleashing the bins this morning is catching up with me - I may not stay up as late as usual tonight

And some other person re-locked the gate before I went out around half ten, though after the recycling bins had been emptied, with the result that the main bins didn't get emptied at all

Though it's also possible they just couldn't get the bin lorry up the side road, which is currently in a right state while a water main is being replaced. I had to manoeuvre through a very tight gap between an unattended wheelbarrow and a big hole in the ground to get the car down the road when I was returning home at lunchtime.

Comment

Strangel Pork Spare rib for me - Mrs V went to Tesco & picked some up from the hot counter.

Eaten while dancing to 'see you again' (Miss V#2' choice) & Barbie Girl (miss V#3). Whilst drinking the last of 4 pints of homebrew mild
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Got a valuation for probate so I can go ahead and fill in some more forms.

The current theory is that the ZeitNephew & his wife will buy it.

How valid a theory this might be is debatable. really.

I suppose I could buy my sister out & rent it to them if push came to shove and there was a problem with getting a mortgage.

Glad to hear that your mum's flat is finally sorted.

Comment

Working...
                      X