• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I've worked in the same place for 12 going on 13 years.

I think the existential boredom has destroyed my brain.

I used to do stuff but these days I just can't be arsed.

Quite sad really.

And worrying.
    Not completely.

You are still being coherent on here.

I'll let you know when I think you have given up completely
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      You are still being coherent on here.
      That is just the lizards using his account....

Comment

Channelling Zeity by having fish for tea

Bird's Eye Battered Cod Fillet to be precise, with chips and beans. Very 1970s

Though the fish had a slightly less obviously machine-made shape to it than the last time I got them. I daresay the machine that had been turning them out all looking exactly the same for the last fifty years has finally worn out

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening we (the Royal we) were entertained with "The Day of the Jackal" with Edward Fox et al. Al was particularly good.

The Day of the Jackal (1973) - IMDb

The body count was high.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              This evening we (the Royal we) were entertained with "The Day of the Jackal" with Edward Fox et al. Al was particularly good.

The Day of the Jackal (1973) - IMDb

The body count was high.
              I watched that fairly recently, and yes, it does seem that these international assassins are somewhat cavalier in their approach to business's effects on the lives of others

My own entertainment this evening opened with Mission Impossible III, which was mainly what one might expect, and none the worse for that. There was a "breaking into the secret lab" bit that was elided rather than being illustrated with crawlspaces and laser beams, but maybe that was due to budgetary constraints, or just to avoid making the film too long.

Anyway, it was jolly good

One afternoon at Yahoo! when I had nothing to do, I was browsing round the internal documentation website and happened to stumble across the detailed specifications for their most secure datacenters - the ones that hold things like user credit card details and so forth. That included requirements for lasers and infrared detectors in floor and ceiling spaces, as well as a lot of other stuff, and I was really pleased to find that all that kind of thing is being done in the real world now the way it used to be on telly back in the day

Anyway, after that I landed on Jack Reacher, which I thought was very good indeed - enough going on in the story to make it an intelligent thriller, but plenty of action to ensure that one didn't have to think too hard. I reckon any film that has such excellently crashy car chases yet makes me think back to a translator's footnote I read in One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich about forty years ago has plenty going for it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all clear blue skies, sunshine and... today's the day the council fill in the potholes.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A chap on the wireless just mentioned the Ebbw Vale Garden Festival from long long ago and far far away up the A465.

ZeitMater wanted to go on its last day but unfortunately I was rather busy welding holes in the ZeitVauxhallChevette.

This last, was, of course, an endless way of spending one's time.

Comment

Accidentally killed a little froggy while mowing my lawn. Will need an extra bottle of vodka to drown my sorrow.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Accidentally killed a little froggy while mowing my lawn. Will need an extra bottle of vodka to drown my sorrow.
                      Was it a frog, Xogg?

Or was it, more likely, a toad?

Shedloads of toads around here.

See?

I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X