• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Time to go and poke the poached eggs in clientco's canteen to determine whether they've set in the pot of warm water they reside in whilst awaiting being eaten.
    If they are anything like the ones here then you need to get to them the second they get put out, otherwise it's like chewing a squash ball.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      If they are anything like the ones here then you need to get to them the second they get put out, otherwise it's like chewing a squash ball.
      Managed to find 2 which were ok. Out of about 8

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        +1

Off on holiday on Monday though....
        2.5 weeks till mine. (and counting!)

Comment

It would appear that my deployment last night went fine. No scream so far (but we haven't sent the email out saying things have changed).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tis grey but dry in the midlands. Nothing of interest to report weather-wise. Isn't today supposed to be the autumnal Equinox? Equal length days and nights? The start of autumn by that measure? Well, there's a 10 minute difference here according to the bbc app. I assume it's measured from London, which accounts for the difference. Serves 'em right, autumn can wait, i'll stick with late summer for another week
            The Autumnal Equinox is tomorrow. Thanks to a tweet by the Met Office earlier in the week, I learned that day and night aren't actually equal length then, at least in the UK: The Equinox and Solstice - Met Office

Comment

Managed to find 2 which were ok. Out of about 8
              Last client co. did fried eggs as standard but would do poached to order if you asked nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The Autumnal Equinox is tomorrow. Thanks to a tweet by the Met Office earlier in the week, I learned that day and night aren't actually equal length then, at least in the UK: The Equinox and Solstice - Met Office
                Ah. Thanks.

The equilux is when day and night are equal and occurs a few days before the spring equinox, and a few days after the autumn equinox.
                And a new word for my lexicon.

Comment

and my new conference phone is now on my desk. The Manshack now sports a Polycom Soundstation 2. Feet up on the desk working now.(previously had a speakerphone but audio is soo much better).

Little Things
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So client co. IT is buggered. All users with surnames beginning with a random selection of about half the letters in the alphabet are effectively unable to work due to unspecified "issues" affecting MS products including Outlook, Word, Excel etc. including Office 365 instances.

Ho, as they say, Hum.

Comment

Holiday morning collected...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X