• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well the best he can hope for will be no extension. He probably will be out of the door far sooner than that though....
    Good tactic for getting out of a contract though
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Replacement charger for watch is on its way. Due to be delivered this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It's reservable AFAIK but it's not that big - last year's contingent would have struggled to fit, I suspect. Also, the pub doesn't do food beyond bar snacks (crisps and nuts, or a pork pie) in the evening, or didn't up to about two months ago when I was last there.

No Counting House this year?

EDIT: just seen the thread in Social
        Counting House looks like a goer - we can have a bit on the gallery with no min spend.

Failing that, ship and shovell will let us have their room (I'm waiting for them to get back to me on min spend) but they can only do a pre-ordered buffet. (which I keep wanting to type as bugger!)

Not sure which is better - food at CH better, but a separate room gives us the privacy to indulge in a snowball fight or a little light bondage if the mood so takes us

Comment

Flippin 'eck. I've only gone and done something productive* today.

By productive, I mean for my own benefit but helpful at clientco

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Counting House looks like a goer - we can have a bit on the gallery with no min spend.

Failing that, ship and shovell will let us have their room (I'm waiting for them to get back to me on min spend) but they can only do a pre-ordered buffet. (which I keep wanting to type as bugger!)

Not sure which is better - food at CH better, but a separate room gives us the privacy to indulge in a snowball fight or a little light bondage if the mood so takes us
            What you and Tarbera want to get up to in your own time has nothing to do with the rest of us.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              How to make a good impression - contractor next to me walked in at 11AM this morning and announced he was buying a £19k Porsche in cash, having only decided to do it yesterday. He's been making loud calls on his phone about warranties etc to the dealer all morning.

You could have picked the permies up off the floor. I reckon they were wondering how much we're paying this guy vs how much he delivers - not necessarily a comfortable path to start down...
              £19k how much of a moneypit is he buying?

Could get a nice Mondeo for that.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                £19k how much of a moneypit is he buying?

Could get a nice Mondeo for that.
                A new Mondeo probably costs more than £19k (my passat retails at £34000 ho ho ho).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Well the best he can hope for will be no extension. He probably will be out of the door far sooner than that though....
                  Turns out he's going permie

Comment

test please delete

11.40pm, £200 bar bill, driven in from outside by the rain falling on the 12th floor garden bar, TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Demo for tomorrow sorted.

Just need to do the Visio flowchart for the end of meeting notes when they agree what I've told them

Comment

Working...
                      X