• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to some trouble to make sure I had stuff for making lunch to bring with me this week. So naturally I forgot to prepare anything last night, didn't have time this morning, and here I am dining out of the petrol station again

Comment

Home!

There was a crash on the A14 about half-a-mile ahead of me. Looked like an estate had got into an argument with a moderately-sized lorry and come off worse. Said lorry had clearly braked a bit too sharply for the smaller truck behind, which had run into it, though only with a bit of a sharp bump by the look of things. The two trucks were blocking the inside lane, and the car was on the diagonal across the inside and part of the overtaking lane.

By great good fortune it had happened right by a lay-by, so lorries were able to get past on the inside by cutting through that, and there was enough room for cars to get past on the outside by squeezing up close to the crash barrier. So it only held me up for maybe five minutes, and I was past before the police had even got there. Everybody was out of the vehicles: truck drivers on their phones, and the family from the car sitting on the barrier at the side of the lay-by looking pretty shaken up but uninjured

Comment

Disaster. I think I have left the charger for my watch in Prague. Got about 20% charge left. This means I can't do exercise or it won't count!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Disaster. I think I have left the charger for my watch in Prague. Got about 20% charge left. This means I can't do exercise or it won't count!
          Exercise very slowly so it doesn't notice

Comment

(Technical note - it's a Garmin, not a fitbit, but the sentiment holds true)

New charger ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              (Technical note - it's a Garmin, not a fitbit, but the sentiment holds true)

New charger ordered.
              Vivofit 2 a whole year on a set of batteries perfect for us lazy sods!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I went to some trouble to make sure I had stuff for making lunch to bring with me this week. So naturally I forgot to prepare anything last night, didn't have time this morning, and here I am dining out of the petrol station again
                (non-Zeit) Zen Chury Om.

Has anyone seen zeity today? I don't recall seeing any of his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  (non-Zeit) Zen Chury Om.

He disappeared last week for reasons I don't know about. Anyone got any ideas...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    (non-Zeit) Zen Chury Om.

He posted something a week or so ago about taking a holiday from posting. Then a thread he started in General degenerated in the way they so often do, leading to accusations of xenophobia, although I don't think they were directed at him. But he apparently decided that was enough for now, and hasn't posted since, although he's visited a few times

He takes a break for a few weeks every year or two, so hopefully he'll be back before too long

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      He posted something a week or so ago about taking a holiday from posting. Then a thread he started in General degenerated in the way they so often do, leading to accusations of xenophobia, although I don't think they were directed at him. But he apparently decided that was enough for now, and hasn't posted since, although he's visited a few times

He takes a break for a few weeks every year or two, so hopefully he'll be back before too long
                      So he's on holiday.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X