• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Immediately.[emoji4]

I was able to eat scrambled eggs and a small treacle sponge with custard for tea.

I haven't been able to eat anything other than soup and Complan for the last 6 months.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Immediately.[emoji4]

I was able to eat scrambled eggs and a small treacle sponge with custard for tea.

I haven't been able to eat anything other than soup and Complan for the last 6 months.
      This sounds like a operation my friend had when he couldn't keep any solids down, as there was something wrong with muscles in the oesophagus.

You poor thing, he was in agony, prior to the operation for months.

Glad you are on the mend
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Immediately.[emoji4]

Let me know if you need sausages bringing

Comment

Oops. Made a classic noobie mistake. Forgot to check if my new client has a dress down day on a Friday. Hundreds of people in Xmas jumpers and just me in a suit
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            This sounds like a operation my friend had when he couldn't keep any solids down, as there was something wrong with muscles in the oesophagus.

You poor thing, he was in agony, prior to the operation for months.

Glad you are on the mend
            That's exactly what I had but all in the past now.

It's all good now.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Oops. Made a classic noobie mistake. Forgot to check if my new client has a dress down day on a Friday. Hundreds of people in Xmas jumpers and just me in a suit
              It can work the other way round, too. I once asked a potential client at interview what, if anything, their dress code was. The two guys interviewing me looked a bit confused, both being in t-shirts and jeans, until I pointed out that it was Friday and for all I knew they wore suits the rest of the week. Their faces both changed to an "Ooh, good point, he's pretty smart to have thought of that" expression.

I doubt that was the only factor, but the agent called to confirm I'd got the gig before I'd made it across the car park

Comment

It's all good now.
                Ah so Popcorn & cake on the menu soon, good job they got it sorted in time for XMAS!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's all good now.
                  Great to hear!

I should have added my friends OP was a great success, almost totally back to normal now
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Get out at lunchtime and buy yourself a Christmas tie. They'll appreciate the effort.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Immediately.[emoji4]

Fantastic! Scrambled eggs today, pigs in blankets and vast quantities of turkey and roasted veg next week!

Comment

Working...
                      X