• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice sausage sarnie with lashings of mustard for lunch.
    still grey but dry here.
    trying to reverse engineer some legacy system exits.
    my brain hurts

Comment

Greggs steak bake for lunch, as part of the ongoing process of using up stuff in the freezer

I'm off to my photographer friend's place shortly. He often gets sent kit to review on his website and one of the latest arrivals is a 4K monitor. I'm taking the 4K Blu-ray player, plus discs, and the Apple TV 4K round so he can see what they look like on there and take some photos and what have you for his review

Comment

Greggs chicken bake for lunch. Lunch was at 2.50pm.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Wife (tm) got back from her holiday last night.
          She’s just had to leave here to drive down to Devon, most likely to say goodbye to her mother.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            She’s just had to leave here to drive down to Devon, most likely to say goodbye to her mother.
            Your family isn't having a nice time lately.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Rington's man came so I ordered the usual bits Tea, coffee and some biscuits.

Then told the girls to put them away and we haven't started last months' supply...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just spent some time** reverse engineering a PIR detector I found in the* junkbox in the lab.

It's complicated.

I suppose it's understandable if you've seen some of it before, otherwise it's incomprehensible.

*"the" being one of many.

**To relieve my existential boredom.

I didn't think 4k monitors were readily transportable, but then, what do I know?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    I didn't think 4k monitors were readily transportable, but then, what do I know?
                    Well, this was a 27" diagonal one, so not that huge at all, though he already had it set up there.

We had a lot of fun using its ability to put two inputs side-by-side to compare the same shots from Blade Runner coming out of the Samsung UHD Blu-ray player and the Apple TV 4K

And then the same for The Martian except the Blu-ray is HDR and the Apple version isn't, or at least not yet.

It's a pretty good monitor, and I'd be tempted if I was looking for one that size. Though it's not on sale yet; in fact, it's one of only two of that model in the UK at the moment.

Anyway, home now, and grabbing a snack rather than settling down to cook a proper dinner as there's a Neighbourhood Watch meeting, called at rather short notice because our local bobby can make it, and I want to find out what he's got to tell us about a recent spate of vehicle crime and house burglaries around this end of town

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Well, this was a 27" diagonal one, so not that huge at all, though he already had it set up there.

It's a pretty good monitor, and I'd be tempted if I was looking for one that size. Though it's not on sale yet; in fact, it's one of only two of that model in the UK at the moment.
                      27” and not currently available in the UK.
                      Is it coming out here in December?

My company recently purchased a 27” monitor that is quite transportable (9.44kg) and its resolution is pretty impressive. Very slimline, and the actual display is almost A2 sized. 60cm x 34cm
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X