• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping done, and thing I didn't collect from the Royal Mail the other day collected

I've just bought a thing for the car that plugs into the lighter socket and provides two such sockets plus two USB sockets, as I thought I'd see what this satnav malarkey was all about. Then I realised I could just use the maps apps on my phone to start with, so I got a screen mount for that.

Initial impressions of Google Maps' directions: no, I don't take that route starting out because it's got a right turn at some lights on a fairly narrow road that's usually got oncoming traffic, but I suppose it looks OK in theory. Still, this allowed me to see that it re-routed itself very quickly when I went in the opposite direction at the first turning.

It got confused at one point where I was queuing on a dual carriageway which has service roads for the adjacent housing at either side, deciding that the car had suddenly jumped twelve feet to the left and was no longer on the main route. And before that, it failed to warn me of the congestion ahead until I was coming to a halt behind it, which isn't much help; but I'd only just started that leg of the trip, so it hadn't had much time to think ahead.

I daresay it's more helpful on a route one doesn't know, but I reckon I could get used to it. Next time, I'll try Apple Maps

Comment

Oh, and I've started stewing the carcase from the other day's roast chicken, so there'll be chicken soup later

Comment

The two pieces of fillet are massive, so will have to do part pan, then part oven.

I think the butcher thought I was feeding four, not two, or have a lot of appetite for a fairly slim chap.
        The bits are 200 and 225g respectively, my fault really, as I was starving at the time he measured out with the butchers knife

So, going to have to go part pan for searing, then around 20 minutes in the oven for medium rare.

I have never been so out of control with my steaks , usually its a hot le creseut pan that fills the kitchen with smoke, only

Still, not going to kill me having some nice cold beef in the fridge
        Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 16 December 2016, 16:24.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

This is my 20,000 post here.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Pali (20002)...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

9 minutes.

Then holiday until January.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                9 minutes.

Then holiday until January.
                I couldn't face the last 15, so, as timesheet was signed, buggered off early.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I couldn't face the last 15, so, as timesheet was signed, buggered off early.
                  had a late lunch after the BI meeting which is the highlight of Fridays
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

After all this talk of quality sausages and steak, I'll need to go to the award-winning butchers in Breaston to get some sausages and steak from there.

I'm not sure where the other award-winning butchers are around here, but Fred Hallam has some excellent venison and partridge, so I might buy that instead.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X