• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masala Chicken courtesy of Patak's for dinner, along with rice and a naan

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      yolk
      Jesus

Comment

I think I'll watch the final part of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, which I've been watching in the original Swedish (with English subtitles) as part of the ongoing policy of not watching things I can actually understand

I watched the first two parts (Män som hatar kvinnor aka The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Flickan som lekte med elden, or The Girl Who Played With Fire) over the weekend, and thought they were very good. I ought to watch the third part while they're still fresh in my memory.
        Last edited by NickFitz; 20 December 2016, 22:11. Reason: Does anybody ever spell "millennium" correctly on the first go?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Further to the wisdom of frying over grilling, it occurred to me this afternoon that an egg fried in the same pan as the bacon, and basted with the rendered bacon fat, is a superior accompaniment to an egg fried in the absence of bacon fat.

In years gone by I was a staunch adherent to the bacon and egg buttie, but of recent times I have come to appreciate more the bacon and mushroom option. I think keeping my own chickens made me appreciate a quality yoke, and the fact one couldn't get them in a morning buttie drove me into the arms of the mushroom. I regard it as a happy accident

Mushrooms cooked in the bacon fat would be superior too, now I come to think of it. In fact, i'm not sure anything wouldn't benefit from the treatment.
          Funny....
          When I was posting earlier I forgot to add that both eggs and more recently mushrooms have been added to the roll (not both together)

A decent butter to put on the roll is also a requirement
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I should have added if you don't have your own chickens, these are your best supermarket yolk purchase, IMHO.

Clarence Court | Burford Brown
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just gobbled my first mincer of the season. Covered in white powder now too...

Comment

'Morning!

Should stir arse and do Christmassy stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

'Morning!

Should stir arse and do Christmassy stuff...
                  What like drinking sherry and eating quality streets?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Further to the wisdom of frying over grilling, it occurred to me this afternoon that an egg fried in the same pan as the bacon, and basted with the rendered bacon fat, is a superior accompaniment to an egg fried in the absence of bacon fat.

In years gone by I was a staunch adherent to the bacon and egg buttie, but of recent times I have come to appreciate more the bacon and mushroom option. I think keeping my own chickens made me appreciate a quality yoke, and the fact one couldn't get them in a morning buttie drove me into the arms of the mushroom. I regard it as a happy accident

Mushrooms cooked in the bacon fat would be superior too, now I come to think of it. In fact, i'm not sure anything wouldn't benefit from the treatment.
                    The one pan theory, everything in one pan cross contaminating its goodness. Once finished used the fat to make a fried slice and you are set
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yet again I have proved my worth as a rain god by inducing a downpour within 2 hours of finishing work for Saturnalia.

Comment

Working...
                      X