• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please put more jokes here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Jewish man took his Passover lunch to eat outside in the park. He sat
    down on a bench and began eating. Since Jews do not eat leavened bread
    during the eight day holiday, he was eating Matzoh, a flat crunchy
    unleavened bread that has dozens of perforations.

A little while later a blind man came by and sat down next to him.
    Feeling neighborly, the Jewish man passed a sheet of matzo to the blind
    man.

The blind man handled the matzo for a few minutes, looked puzzled, and
    finally exclaimed, "Who wrote this carp?"

Comment

Blind Trust
      There's a guy with a Doberman Pinscher and a guy with a Chihuahua. The guy
      with the Doberman Pinscher says to the guy with a Chihuahua, "Let's go over
      to that restaurant and get something to eat."

The guy with the Chihuahua says, "We can't go in there. We've got dogs with
      us."

The guy with the Doberman Pinscher says, "Just follow my lead." They walk
      over to the restaurant, the guy with the Doberman Pinscher puts on a pair
      of dark glasses, and he starts to walk in.

A guy at the door says, "Sorry, Mac, no pets allowed."

The guy with the Doberman Pinscher says, "You don't understand. This is my
      guide dog."

The guy at the door says, "A Doberman Pinscher?"

He says, "Yes, they're using them now, they're very good."

The guy at the door says, "Come on in."

The guy with the Chihuahua figures, "What the heck," so he puts on a pair
      of dark glasses and starts to walk in. The guy at the door says, "Sorry,
      pal, no pets allowed."

The guy with the Chihuahua says, "You don't understand. This is my guide dog."

The guy at the door says, "A Chihuahua?"

The guy with the Chihuahua says, "You mean they gave me a Chihuahua?"

Comment

Here are some quotes from top darts commentator Sid Wadell...

"Bristow reasons . . . Bristow quickens ... Aaah, Bristow."

"Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete."

"That was like throwing three pickled onions into a thimble!"

"He's about as predictable as a Wasp on speed"

"Look at the man go, its like trying to stop a waterbuffalo with a
        pea-shooter"

"The atmosphere is so tense, if Elvis walked in, with a portion of
        chips.......you could hear the vinegar sizzle on them"

"Big Cliff Lazarenko's idea of exercise is sitting in a room with the
        windows open taking the lid off something cool and fizzy."

"It's like trying to pin down a kangaroo on a trampoline"

"Well as giraffes say, you don't get no leaves unless you stick your neck
        out"

"His eyes are bulging like the belly of a hungry chaffinch"

"That's the greatest comeback since Lazarus."

"It's the nearest thing to public execution this side of Saudi Arabia."

"His physiognomy is that of a weeping Madonna."

"He's as cool as a prized marrow!"

"Under that heart of stone beat muscles of pure flint."

"He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave."

"The pendulum swinging back and forth like a metronome"

"His face is sagging with tension."

"The fans now, with their eyes pierced on the dart board."

"He's been burning the midnight oil at both ends."

"That's like giving Dracula the keys to the blood bank"

"As they say at the DHSS, we're getting the full benefit here."

"He is as slick as minestrone soup"

"There hasn't been this much excitement since the Romans fed the
        Christians to the Lions."

"The players are under so much duress, it's like duressic park out there!"

"This lad has more checkouts than Tescos."

"John Lowe is striding out like Alexander the Great conquering the
        Persians"

"When I see Steve Davis I see two letters... C S... Cue Sorcerer"

"By the time of the final on Sunday he should be fit to burst!"

"There's only one word for that - magic darts!"

"Keith Deller's not just an underdog, he's an underpuppy!"

"I don't know what he's had for breakfast but Taylor knocked the
        Snap,Crackle and Pop outta Bristow"

"Even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out these angles"

"Steve Beaton - The adonis of darts, what poise, what elegance - a true
        roman gladiator with plenty of hair wax."

"If you're round your auntie's tonight, tell her to stop making the
        cookie's and come thru to the living room and watch these two amazing
        athletes beat the proverbial house out of each other"

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there
        were no more worlds to conquer..... Bristow's only 27."

"Eat your heart out Harold Pinter, we've got drama with a capital D in
        Essex."

"If we'd had Phil Taylor at Hastings against the Normans, they'd have gone
        home."

"He's playing out of his pie crust."

"They won't just have to play outta their skin to beat Phil Taylor.They'll
        have to play outta their essence!"

"Darts players are probably a lot fitter than most footballers in overall
        body strength."

"There's no one quicker than these two tungsten tossers... "

"Look at him as he takes his stance, like he has been sculptured, whereas
        Bobby George, with his bad back, looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame."

"He's playing like Robin Hood in the Nottingham super league"

"Phil Taylor's got the consistency of a planet ... and he's in a darts
        orbit!"

"The atmosphere is a cross between the Munich Beer Festival and the
        Coliseum when the Christians were on the menu."

"Jockey Wilson, he comes from the valleys and he's chuffing like a
        choo-choo train!"

"He's like D'Artagnan at the scissor factory."

Comment

> An Englishman was having coffee and croissants with butter and jam in a
          > cafe when an American tourist, chewing gum, sat down next to him.
          >
          > The Englishman politely ignored the American, who, nevertheless, started
          > up a conversation.
          >
          > The American man snapped his gum and said, "Do you English people eat the
          > whole bread?"
          > The Englishman frowned, annoyed with being bothered during his breakfast
          > and replied, "Of course."
          > The American blew a huge bubble. "We don't. In America, we only eat what's
          > inside. We collect the crusts in a container, recycle them, transform them
          > into croissants and sell them to England."
          >
          > The American had a smirk on his face. The Englishman listened in silence.
          >
          > The American persisted. "Do you eat jam with the bread?"
          > Sighing, the Englishman replied, "Of course."
          > Cracking his gum between his teeth, the American said, "We don't. In
          > America, we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels,
          > seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam
          > and sell it to England."
          >
          > The Englishman then asked, "Do you have sex in America?"
          > The American smiled and said, "Why of course we do."
          > The Englishman leaned closer to him and asked, "And what do you do with
          > the condoms once you've used them?"
          > "We throw them away, of course."
          > Now it was the Englishman's turn to smile.
          > "We don't. In England, we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them
          > down into chewing gum and sell them to America. Why do you think they're
          > called Wrigley's?"

Comment

> A section of motorway walked into a bar. "Give me a pint and I must warn
            > you not to mess with me cause I'm well hard"!!
            >
            > The barman replied: "yes sir, straight away, one pint with no messing".
            >
            > The section of motorway took the pint and went and sat in the corner of
            > the pub.
            >
            > A little while later a section of red Tarmac entered the pub and ordered a
            > pint, the barman replied: "Yes sir one pint coming up - but first I must
            > warn you that the section of motorway sitting in the corner is well hard
            > and doesnt want to be disturbed".
            >
            > The barman and the red Tarmac looked toward the corner of the pub where
            > the section of motorway was sat visibly shaking and looking worried.
            >
            > The red Tarmac said to the barman "I thought you said he was well hard"?
            > The barman replied: "Thats what he told me, hang on I'll go and see whats
            > wrong".
            >
            > The barman cautiously walked over to the section of motorway and asked:
            > "what's wrong, I thought you said you were hard" to which he replied "yeah
            > I am, but he's a flaming Cyclepath"!!!!!

Comment

A "lesson" for those who cherry-pick from the Good Book to suit their own
              purpose.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to
              people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an
              observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to
              Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The
              following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a US resident, which
              was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have
              learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with
              as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual
              lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly
              states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other
              specific laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
              pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They
              claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus
              21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for
              her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
              period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is, how do I
              tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
              female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of
              mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you
              clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2
              clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill
              him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
              abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I
              don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a
              defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my
              vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
              around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by
              Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me
              unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different
              crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two
              different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse
              and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble
              of getting the whole town together to stone them? -Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't
              we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with
              people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you
              can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and
              unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan, Jack

Comment

MEN, BE YE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR
                This was voted "Women's Favorite Email of the Year"

A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife
                stayed home. He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed:

"Dear Lord: I go to work every day and put in 8 hours while my wife
                merely stays at home. I want her to know what I go through, so please
                allow her body to switch with mine for a day. Amen."

God, in his infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish.

The next morning, sure enough, the man awoke as a woman.

He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out their
                school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunch, drove them to
                school, came home and picked up the dry cleaning, took it to the cleaners
                and stopped at the bank to make a deposit, went grocery shopping, then
                drove home to put away the groceries, paid the bills and balance the check
                book. He cleaned the cat's litter box and bathed the dog.
                And it was already 1 P.M. and he hurried to make the beds, do the
                laundry, vacuum, dust, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor.

Ran to the school to pick up the kids and got into an argument with them
                on the way home. Set out cookies and milk and got the kids organized to
                do their homework, then set up the ironing board and watched TV while he
                did the ironing.

At 4:30 he began peeling potatoes and washing vegetables for salad,
                breaded the pork chops and snapped fresh beans for supper.

After supper he cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, folded laundry,
                bathed the kids, and put them to bed.

At 9 P.M. he was exhausted and, though his daily chores weren't finished,
                he went to bed where he was expected to make love which he managed to get
                through without complaint.

The next morning he awoke and immediately knelt by the bed and said,
                "Lord, I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my wife's
                being able to stay home all day. Please, oh please, let us trade back."

The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you have
                learned your lesson and I will be happy to change things back to the way
                they were. You'll just have to wait nine months, though.
                You got pregnant last night."

Comment

URGENT - DUDLEY EARTHQUAKE APPEAL

At 00:54 on Monday 23 September an earthquake measuring 4.8 on the
                  richter scale hit Dudley,UK causing untold disruption and distress ?

Many were woken well before their giro arrived

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish
                  costas were damaged

Three areas of historic and scientifically significant litter were
                  disturbed

Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the
                  fact that something interesting has happened in Dudley

HOW YOU CAN HELP

£2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four

£10 can take a family to Stourport for the day, where children can play on
                  an unspoiled canal bank among the national collection of stinging nettles

22p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim

PLEASE ACT NOW

Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the
                  rest

Comment

A squad of American soldiers was patrolling the Iraqi border, when they came across a badly mangled dead body. As they got closer, they found it was an Iraqi soldier. A short distance up the road, they found a badly mangled American soldier in a ditch on the other side of the road, struggling to breathe. They ran to him, cradled his bruised head and asked him what had happened.

"Well," he whispered, "I was walking down this road, armed to the teeth when I came across this heavily armed Iraqi border guard. I looked him right in the eye and shouted, 'Saddam Hussein is a moronic, deceitful, lying piece of trash!'"

"He looked me right in the eye and shouted back, 'George W. Bush is a moronic, deceitful, lying piece of trash too!'"

"We were standing there shaking hands when the truck hit us."

Comment

A chicken farmer wakes up and goes to check on his prize cock. As he nears the hutch he can see to legs sticking up in the air. Its on its back, dead. Devastated the farmer wanders about crying in anguish. This cock, with the best tackle that had ever been seen, had been sorting out his hens for years.

The farmer looks through the local classifieds for a new cock. He finds an ad, phones the number and arranges to see this cock that afternoon.

He pulls up in his van that afternoon at the address. A man comes over 'are you here about the cock? "Yes" replies the farmer.

"Follow me"

He follows the man to this huge hutch in which is this huge cock strutting about with enormous reproductive organs.

"Jesus" says the farmer. "He's amazing, how much?

"A fiver"

"Why so cheap? Is he sterile?"

"No, far from it"

"Whats the problem with him?"

"He's a talking cock"

"I'll take him"

He bundles his new cock into the back of his van and goes home. The cock is in the back the whole journey shouting "I need some birds, my loins are hot for your hens"

They arrive, the farmer lets the cock out and he struts about shouting "where are they, let me at 'em"

The farmer points in the direction of 5 huge hen coops about 100ft in length. The cock dissapears in a cloud of dust in the hens direction. The farmer retires to his house for a cup of tea. 2 hours later there is a knock at the door. Looking distinctly knackered and short of a few feathers the cock comes into the kitchen. The farmer tells him he should take a nap. "What" screams the cock "I'm not finished" "But you've shagged 500 hens?"

"I'm not finished" yells the cock "You must have some more birds"

"Well, there's the ducks by the pond"

A huge cloud of dust and the cock is gone.

An hour later the cock returns, nearly bald and gasping.

"My god, are you alright ?" says the farmer. "Come in and have some supper"

"No way" says the cock "I've still got a full sack. Have you got any other birds?

"Well" says the farmer "You could try the geese, but be carefull, they're big birds"

"Great" says the cock "Where are they?"

The farmer points to the hill behind the house.

A huge cloud of dust and the farmer is on his own again.

The farmer has his supper and falls asleep. The next morning the farmer gets up, goes outside and looks for his cock. He is nowhere to be found. The farmer looks towards the hill and can see vultures circling above.

"Oh my god" he runs over and as he approaches he can see 2 legs pointing up to the sky. The cock is on its back.

"Aaah noooo" shouts the farmer. "The geese have killed him"

Distraught, he goes over to the cock, leans down and says "Cock, are you ok?

The cock opens an eye and whispers "F**k off, they're just about to land"

Comment

Working...
                      X