• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Disputes

When I had the threatening letters from Gladstones, I responded (several times) with my dispute.

Would this hold any weight? Gladstones said they hadn't received it (sent recorded delivery), so I replied to their emails with copies of my letter. I never heard anything back.

Does that dispute count for anything?

Comment

So Felicitas already know you have disputed the debt and have your current address so they didn't issue a statutory demand.

In which case you (probably) don't have anything to worry about. The Statutory Demands seem to have gone to everyone who hadn't raised a dispute earlier and the current battle is ensuring that if a Demand exists a dispute against it is registered.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dispute

I haven't received any SD in the post. The only communication I have received are requests to logon to their portal which I haven't done and a general email the other day containing an attached letter advising about their court case and offering me to pay 10% of the loan due to write off the loans. There was no postal address at the top of the letter (only my email).

I previously had used ETC tax to dispute everything. Could this be why I haven't been sent an SD?

Comment

Thank you for the response

Originally posted by eek View Post
          So Felicitas already know you have disputed the debt and have your current address so they didn't issue a statutory demand.

In which case you (probably) don't have anything to worry about. The Statutory Demands seem to have gone to everyone who hadn't raised a dispute earlier and the current battle is ensuring that if a Demand exists a dispute against it is registered.
          I took your advice 'a few Threads ago' and raised the dispute with Gladstones.

I also read the link to Gov advice on SD which was very helpful.

Comment

I have responded on numerous occasions both to Gladstones & Felicitas denying any liability but Felicitas continues to harrass me for some settlement. Since the first contact I have received 6 different settlement amounts!

Comment

Originally posted by WJK View Post
              I have responded on numerous occasions both to Gladstones & Felicitas denying any liability but Felicitas continues to harrass me for some settlement. Since the first contact I have received 6 different settlement amounts!
              I think the harassment is intentional as they desperately try to find anyone willing to pay up before they either give up or have to start spending actual money and take things to court.

If you have disputed their claim for money there is little they can do except send emails and letters in the hope that it annoys / scares people enough to get them to pay up.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I think the harassment is intentional as they desperately try to find anyone willing to pay up before they either give up or have to start spending actual money and take things to court.

If you have disputed their claim for money there is little they can do except send emails and letters in the hope that it annoys / scares people enough to get them to pay up.
                Which itself, I imagine to be an offence? Attempting to intimidate people to pay money in respect of a disputed loan would be of interest to IoM police?
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Answer

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Which itself, I imagine to be an offence? Attempting to intimidate people to pay money in respect of a disputed loan would be of interest to IoM police?
                  Hello Fred,

I went down this line last week.

I reached out to the Police in relation to the harassment from Felicitas.

They believe that this is a civil matter as Felicitas are targeting a number of people rather than one individual so they suggest speaking with a lawyer.

I'm also waiting for a response from the IOM Financial ombudsman who previously mentioned that Felicitas was indeed a debt collector but is not happy to hear about all the harassment they are involved in.

Perhaps more people could reach out to them - strength in numbers!
                  Last edited by happychap; 9 February 2021, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
                    Hello Fred,

I went down this line last week.

I reached out to the Police in relation to the harassment from Felicitas.

They believe that this is a civil matter as Felicitas are targeting a number of people rather than one individual so they suggest speaking with a lawyer.

I'm also waiting for a response from the IOM Financial ombudsman who previously mentioned that Felicitas was indeed a debt collector but is not happy to hear about all the harassment they are involved in.

Perhaps more people could reach out to them - strength in numbers!
                    Thanks and good luck. I don't quite follow the logic. It's OK to intimidate quite a few people. But not OK to intimidate one person. Weird. It is what it is, I guess.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Response

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      Thanks and good luck. I don't quite follow the logic. It's OK to intimidate quite a few people. But not OK to intimidate one person. Weird. It is what it is, I guess.
                      Essentially if Felicitas turned up at your door doing this it would be a Police matter, (Direct harassment) however, what Felicitas is doing is sending emails, texts, and letters to a large group of people about the same thing.

But you can still engage with a lawyer to deal with this kind of harassment.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X