• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in a recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Yep.

Although I wish you guys would make up your minds, is it a golf or a skoda? Or are they really Audis? And if the bear goes into the forest and .... well, you get the gist

Hence my original comment that getting into projects future proofs you. We had another PM resign Friday. We've lost 3 BAs and the whole of the PMO in the past 3 months. All leaving for bigger pay packets. The demand is there if you have the skills. And if you don't have the skills, then re-train, get yourself on a project or 2 and protect your future earnings.

Being a bum on seat, in a role that can be picked up by cheap non-UK based resources, is asking for trouble whether in a recession or normal times.

It's a car built on VW group's MQB platform - worse it's built on the original 2012 version of it rather than the later A2 / Evo versions...

So the car starts on a base that isn't as good as the current Skoda Fabia / Seat Ibiza and there are plenty of cars to choice from which is why we can go VW / Seat / Skoda / Audi...

Last edited by eek; 8 August 2022, 12:27.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep.

Although I wish you guys would make up your minds, is it a golf or a skoda? Or are they really Audis?
      You are Yorkie62 and I claim my £5
      https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ml#post2624226
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Matey, there are always 'investors' predicting a crash, most of the time they are wrong, but every now and then they get lucky. Thing is, people like you only remember the one time they get lucky, not the 99 times they have been wrong.

Even in 2008, the biggest recession since WW2, property only dropped 15% and bounced back in a couple of years. So yes, there may be a correction, but so long as you're not looking to sell then the impact is going to be zero. But hey, if you want to live in constant panic then go fill ya boots big boy.

Re reading material, I'm more a Viz man.

Re my right hand, my new young blonde girlfriend, and 2 seater sports car, are ensuring it gets a rest, but thanks for the concern

If this is even you, I can't understand how you though this was worthy of a brag. The car is ok but not mind blowing, you look like an old turd and the lady doesn't look much better to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You are Yorkie62 and I claim my £5
          https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ml#post2624226
          Wrong ... you owe me a tenner.

Everyone knows who I am, some have even been lucky enough to meet me. Most have even seen my brief tv appearance. Do try to keep up.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

If this is even you, I can't understand how you though this was worthy of a brag. The car is ok but not mind blowing, you look like an old turd and the lady doesn't look much better to be honest.
            Love the jealousy on this thread now. You guys crack me up. There are a lot of inadequate blokes on here ......

Of course you'll claim you're not jealous, your wife is such a beaut, you're considerably richer than the rest of us, and so-so successful .... whilst discussing mortgages and the state of the market as you need to work to pay the bills.

As you were

Oh, and it wasn't a brag .... it was a response to the fat one from Slough who suggested I needed rest my right hand and read Razzle less. Just pointing out that not all of us need 'self love'.
            Last edited by Whorty; 8 August 2022, 12:54.

Comment

Just pointing out that not all of us need 'self love'.
              You might do if someone 10 years younger tips up in an M5

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

You might do if someone 10 years younger tips up in an M5
                An M5 .... are you kidding? Firstly, I wouldn't touch a BMW with a bargepole. And secondly, I wanted a 2 seater so the only one I'd vaguely consider is the Z4 and it's nasty compared to the Audi.

But hey, you want to drive an M5 you crack on fella but not for me.

I did consider the Toyota Supra but the TTRS was just so lush that it was a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

The person in the picture is who identified himself as The Warty one at the Christmas do. There were plenty of witnesses.

Leave the lady out of this, apart from wondering at her poor relationship choices and why she is settling so far down the looks scale she is off limits.

I suspect they popped into the Showroom and took a picture.

That is cool with an E-Type, Ferrari or Aston but next to a hairdressers conveyance it looks a little sad I agree.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

and still at it. what a bunch of pathetic tossers.

Comment

She's an intelligent, educated, independent, girl who happens to be hot too ....
                      She doesn't look under-age.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X