• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in a recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

A few people thought that this weekend .... they were wrong

This is the RS ... it's a little faster than the standard TT

2 seater is perfect for me. Don't have dogs, don't have kids, just room for me and the current blonde I'm dating. If we need more space we'll take her SUV. I didn't buy it for it's practical uses
    The MIL has fond memories of her TT 10 years ago when they were fashionable. I see you are treating her mean
    the current blonde I'm dating.
    Does she describe you as "the current knob head I'm dating"?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Got to agree with him though.

We've gone from how to sensible ensure you work through a recession to look at my new penis extension (sorry, expensive car)...
      That was the case until Vetty did his usual and attacks every one of my posts so I responded ... knowing he's jealous of me. I could obviously ignore him, but when a fat ugly bloke has a pop, it would be rude of me not to show off that some of us are successful and do look after ourselves.

So I'll revert to what I said originally ... if you're project based you'll be fine. There will always be a demand for good project skills. If you're a bum on seat then the outlook may not be as rosy.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Got to agree with him though.

We've gone from how to sensible ensure you work through a recession to look at my new penis extension (sorry, expensive car)...
        Fair point, but it is general
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

From a women's perspective I don't know which is worse, posting her photo or referring to her as "the current blonde".
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Fair point, but it is general
            At which point can I point out it's just an Audi.

Mclaren, Aston Martin I would give him points but it's merely an overpriced less practical VW Golf...

Oh and if you don't like someone's posts the easiest fix is just to put them on ignore - which is why I didn't see the original post...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              The MIL has fond memories of her TT 10 years ago when they were fashionable.
              You sound jealous to me big boy.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I see you are treating her mean Does she describe you as "the current knob head I'm dating"?
              Be interested how I'm treating her mean. She's an intelligent, educated, independent, girl who happens to be hot too .... If she wasn't happy dating me she'd easily find someone else. But again, sounds like you're jealous. Maybe do a bit of self care, lose some weight, scrub up a bit, and your missus might take a bit more interest in you.

Comment

Mclaren, Aston Martin I would give him points but it's merely an overpriced less practical VW Golf...
                Hence why I pointed out the chassis is the same as on the Skoda Octavia - considerably more practical and better priced.

Anyway, my point still stands - during a recession you need to know your burn rate and work out how to clear down any variable rate loans, etc, as these will be the things that get you. If you can afford buy a £64k Skoda with cash and still have a warchest, etc then good for you. If you've got it on a £1,600 monthly lease, then that's a bit riskier.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off topic, as I tend to be, but even if I could afford one of those cars I never would get one. To me (and all personal taste) but so ugly.

And again, who buys a 2 seater to be practical? I know you peeps need 'mum' cars, but some of us have more than enough space in a 2 seater for our needs.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Hence why I pointed out the chassis is the same as on the Skoda Octavia - considerably more practical and better priced.

Anyway, my point still stands - during a recession you need to know your burn rate and work out how to clear down any variable rate loans, etc, as these will be the things that get you. If you can afford buy a £64k Skoda with cash and still have a warchest, etc then good for you. If you've got it on a £1,600 monthly lease, then that's a bit riskier.
                    Yep.

Although I wish you guys would make up your minds, is it a golf or a skoda? Or are they really Audis? And if the bear goes into the forest and .... well, you get the gist

Hence my original comment that getting into projects future proofs you. We had another PM resign Friday. We've lost 3 BAs and the whole of the PMO in the past 3 months. All leaving for bigger pay packets. The demand is there if you have the skills. And if you don't have the skills, then re-train, get yourself on a project or 2 and protect your future earnings.

Being a bum on seat, in a role that can be picked up by cheap non-UK based resources, is asking for trouble whether in a recession or normal times.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      You sound jealous to me big boy.

Be interested how I'm treating her mean. She's an intelligent, educated, independent, girl who happens to be hot too .... If she wasn't happy dating me she'd easily find someone else. But again, sounds like you're jealous. Maybe do a bit of self care, lose some weight, scrub up a bit, and your missus might take a bit more interest in you.
                      I'm not the one telling everyone how you have a massive penis extension and a new 'bird'.

I'm hardly jealous just amused you feel you are that important to me.

I said we personally will probably miss the worse of the recession but its going to be deep for many. You called me wrong and showed off your hairdressers car expecting us to be impressed.
                      Last edited by vetran; 8 August 2022, 12:25.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X