• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit surcharge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    I signed the contract, with Horton SEAT (a UK company), on the 22nd January 20-19. I checked my contract last night and it is with the dealership, which is a UK company, and not SEAT. It will be interesting to see, but as far as I can make out Porsche are asking their customers, who' cars may be delivered after 29th march, to sign what is effectively as contract amendment which increased the price of the car to cover the import tax in the event of a no deal Brexit.
    Seems reasonable to me. Why should Porsche take the hit? Maybe SEAT are expecting to have your new car in the UK pre 29th March and hence there will be no tariff to pay should we crash out.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Seems reasonable to me. Why should Porsche take the hit? Maybe SEAT are expecting to have your new car in the UK pre 29th March and hence there will be no tariff to pay should we crash out.
      Why shouldn't Porsche take the hit? If they were that worried perhaps they should have informed their customers earlier at the point of sale. The normal lead time on any factory built car is 12 weeks therefore any car ordered after 4th Jan is likely to be delivered after 29th March. Nothing wrt to Brexit has substantially changed since the 4th Jan.
      It will be interesting to know how many buyers just suck it up because they want a Porsche. Maybe this is what Porsche are banking on.

Comment

Maybe SEAT are expecting to have your new car in the UK pre 29th March and hence there will be no tariff to pay should we crash out.
        If it's not currently in UK stock, it will be coming from the Skoda factory in the Czech Republic. Fairly quiet time of year for them, so I'd guess at 6-8 weeks for build and delivery to the UK docks.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          If it's not currently in UK stock, it will be coming from the Skoda factory in the Czech Republic. Fairly quiet time of year for them, so I'd guess at 6-8 weeks for build and delivery to the UK docks.
          He ordered 4 weeks ago, so given these timescales it is likely to be in the UK by crash out day. If SEAT think not, then there could be a nice letter landing on his mat sometime soon

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            It's not UK stock, as it is a factory build due to the options to be fitted (Comfort and Sound packs + towbar is a factory fit) and it is coming from the SEAT factory in Spain as its not a Skoda. The UK dealer doesn't don't have a chassis number yet so I guess its early days in production.

Comment

Why shouldn't Porsche take the hit? If they were that worried perhaps they should have informed their customers earlier at the point of sale. The normal lead time on any factory built car is 12 weeks therefore any car ordered after 4th Jan is likely to be delivered after 29th March. Nothing wrt to Brexit has substantially changed since the 4th Jan.
              It will be interesting to know how many buyers just suck it up because they want a Porsche. Maybe this is what Porsche are banking on.
              Maybe Porsche believed the lies of this government and the brexiters that there will be a deal and we won't crash out; they were giving the UK government the benefit of the doubt. But now, like the rest of the world, our government is being seen for what it is, incompetent and full of lies.

We knew this would happen if we crashed out. Shouldn't really be a shock to anyone should it? Not sure why you're getting het up about it ... this is what you voted for. Enjoy your victory

Comment

Maybe Porsche believed the lies of this government and the brexiters that there will be a deal and we won't crash out; they were giving the UK government the benefit of the doubt. But now, like the rest of the world, our government is being seen for what it is, incompetent and full of lies.

We knew this would happen if we crashed out. Shouldn't really be a shock to anyone should it? Not sure why you're getting het up about it ... this is what you voted for. Enjoy your victory
                I'm not getting het up about it. I have nothing to get het up about. I am quite happy to cancel my order should the need arise.

Comment

I'm not getting het up about it. I have nothing to get het up about. I am quite happy to cancel my order should the need arise.
                  You should cancel it now and not be a traitor to the country, be patriotic:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Have you put a deposit down? Better check the fine print and terms and conditions before making any quick decisions.

Comment

It's not UK stock, as it is a factory build due to the options to be fitted (Comfort and Sound packs + towbar is a factory fit) and it is coming from the SEAT factory in Spain as its not a Skoda. The UK dealer doesn't don't have a chassis number yet so I guess its early days in production.
                      Well, that must be a fairly recent move.
                      https://www.volkswagenag.com/presenc...T_2016_ING.pdf
                      PRODUCTION AND QUALITYThe industrialisation and production of the Ateca have put the small Czech town of Kvasiny and its 1,500 inhabitants on SEAT’s map. Its factory has been producing cars since 1934 and in 1947, the first ŠKODA vehicle left its production line.
                      The Quality division’s goal is to ensure quality in the manufacturing processes and to guarantee that the quality of all parts of the Ateca is perfect.
                      To this end, it subjects SEAT’s new model to an exhaustive examination to test its quality, even in the finest detail.

...and some are now made in Algeria...
                      SOVAC / SEAT : Lancement officiel de l'ATECA FR a 4.799.000 da - Autobip
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X