• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

And you need to study your history - you cannot and should not appease a dictator, they are never satisfied.

Like it or not, we are already at war with Russia and Belarus.
    Gosh. Never realised that...

So how do we defeat Putin without risking destroying the planet?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Gosh. Never realised that...

Turn the Russian people against him so they get rid of him.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Interesting article (NOT pro-Putin AFAICS) on how this tulip storm could all end

202-03-23 "If Ukraine rejects a deal, there could be much worse to come", by Lieutenant-General Jonathon Riley
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Turn the Russian people against him so they get rid of him.
          Which is what's being tried now....
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

For those who disbelieve Russia is targeting civilian areas.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Even what we are doing (sanctions, and especially supplying weapons to Ukraine) risks pushing Putin over the edge.

Actually I'm quite surprised he hasn't reacted more badly to us arming Ukraine.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Meanwhile Sunak not willing to put sanctions on Infosys doing business in Russia, which is his father in law's company and his wife is a shareholder as well
                https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/s...12997578526728

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  Because that piece of tulip wants to live, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Even what we are doing (sanctions, and especially supplying weapons to Ukraine) risks pushing Putin over the edge.

As mad as he is, and as much as he likes to threaten, I just can't see him being allowed by his own people to press any buttons unless Russia itself is invaded. His people, aids etc know that Russia will be wiped off the map if he does this, and ultimately the cronies won't want to die. They're fine sending conscripts to die for them in a foreign field, but they're not going to want to face the risks of dying themselves.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Because that piece of tulip wants to live, that's why.
                      How do you think this is going to end?

There are recent reports of a growing risk of a coup against Putin by the security services (FSB). Could be a load of bollox but I live in hope that someone in Russia will take him down.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X