• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

This forum is trash.
    and you keep coming back because...?

Comment

Recently encountered "Blackcode" which would appear to be a British recruitment front end for "Photon", an Indian services company.

Went along to an interview, it was only when I saw the time zones in the interview invite (well, and the names) that I figured out what was being arranged.

Got marked down in the interview for saying that I'd rather deliver something late but working, over on time but broken ("which is our company's philosophy")
      Last edited by PerfectStorm; 16 August 2022, 15:15.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        Recently encountered "Blackcode" which would appear to be a British recruitment front end for "Photon", an Indian services company.

Went along to an interview, it was only when I saw the time zones in the interview invite (well, and the names) that I figured out what was going wrong.

Got marked down in the interview for saying that I'd rather deliver something late but working, over on time but broken ("which is our company's philosophy")
        But you forget how much money is made from support and projects extensions...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I would have said late and broken

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Yep, lesson learned for the future PS.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

On time, but with most of the requirements descoped to phase 2, 3 & 4 (which we're only telling you about now)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Using Anglicise names is so .... trendy. not.
                Anyway Hirextra - "Hirextra -World's First Staffing Aggregator; Find 10x more qualified candidates for jobs in just 1 day!"
                https://www.linkedin.com/company/hirextra/
                I'm getting John or Emily on LinkedIn with prospects for a ?Mobile Architect_ Permanent
                Beware of "front" suspicious profiles, really check them out ...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

On time, but with most of the requirements descoped to phase 2, 3 & 4 (which we're only telling you about now)
                  Yep, very typical: it's fun to see how they start with the best intentions, then descope tons of requirements to define the bare MVP, then descope some more, and then finally end up going live with a product that is de facto worse than what was there before.

Comment

Went along to an interview, it was only when I saw the time zones in the interview invite (well, and the names) that I figured out what was being arranged.

I have found that in interviews conducted from India the interviewers tend to ask questions incredibly specific to the language/framework/platform in question rather than try to determine the candidates level of competence and experience.

It leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling that the interviewers don't really know what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I have found that in interviews conducted from India the interviewers tend to ask questions incredibly specific to the language/framework/platform in question rather than try to determine the candidates level of competence and experience.

It leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling that the interviewers don't really know what they are talking about.
                      Yes - or try at all to get to know your sense of humour, how you come across, how honest you are, what makes you tick etc (something British interviewers are also bad at doing)

Basically "you may have such and such qualification, but can you get on your hands and knees and plug the cables back in if needed or will you just sit there?" and "would I sit next to you for a beer". I'd argue both of those are more important than knowing what artefacts go into a scrum ceremony.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X