• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seriously? Fire up the quattro"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    No Spooks either - which (IMHO) was excellent - especially the early ones which really captured the darkness of the Blair years.
    Yep, though I always feel it was a tragically under appreciated show

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    No Killing Eve??

That was a belter of a series - it showed that women can write and kill (in fabulous frocks) with panache.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    No Spooks either - which (IMHO) was excellent - especially the early ones which really captured the darkness of the Blair years.
    Was just about to say the same.

Cobra is supposed to be in the same vein, but lacks Spooks's verve and the couple of episodes of Cobra I watched were frankly a bit slow

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by pjt View Post
    No Sopranos for that alone its a flawed list!
    Has to have started in the noughties or later. Sopranos despite being one of the best shows ever was 1999.

Leave a comment:

• pjt
    replied
    No Sopranos for that alone its a flawed list!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    PS Wasn't Sherlock a load of tulip!
    No. Although it tailed off pretty badly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I only skimmed it but it seemed chock-full of very good shows I've seen, and shows I haven't seen that people who like the same things as me say are very good.

Curious to see Bojack up there but it did get a lot of critical acclaim for covering some interesting topics under the froth.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    If The Curse of Oak Island isn't on that list, then it's not a list worth reading.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/...e-21st-century

hardly the list I would make.

We talked about Life on mars, walking dead, person of interest, phoneshop, it crowd, etc but not how tulip fleabag and "I may destroy you" were.

what do you think?
    Now I think of it, I haven't watched a UK "fictional" series for years, although I do watch Tony Robinson's documentary programs, and Neil Oliver's Coast series.

The last drama series I watched was probably the first couple of seasons of Peaky Blinders, which should have won something.

I tried Life on Mars, but found its supposedly outdated attitudes absurdly exaggerated, as if to justify its title. It was a bit like the bizarre stilted dialogue in that Jack the Ripper series which would have been more suited for the 1680s than the 1880s! Things weren't _that_ different in the 1970s.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I'm not much into TV either. Only 5 there where I've watched a fair number of episodes. 2 where I've watched a few and gave up. Rest, don't think I've ever looked at. Quite liked Silent Witness, not in list.

Thinking of cancelling my Netflix subscription, once I've finished watching Still Game.

PS Wasn't Sherlock a load of tulip!
    Last edited by xoggoth; 21 October 2021, 09:02.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Not a big tv fan, but there are some on there I have seen ... loved Fleabag. Loved the Good wife/fight. GoT started well but finished really badly. The Thick of It was one of the best Tv shows ever.

Just gone through the full list and I've only watched 10 of those shows ... and 2 of those I didn't really watch, Mrs W was watching and I was sitting in the same room reading.

I need to stay in more and sit in front of the gogglebox (another show I've never seen)

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    I stopped watching TV around 2005, I have a license so the kids can watch CBeebies.
    Best channel ever.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Binge watched Battlestar Galactica after another contractor raved about it in the office, was a bit long at 76 episodes, I binged it over a couple of weeks , the episodes were a bit hit and miss but on balance kept me watching till the end.

The Gias Balter character was my favorite:

Last edited by Fraidycat; 21 October 2021, 00:14.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    I stopped watching TV around 2005, I have a license so the kids can watch CBeebies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X