• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm going to have a nice relaxing bath
    Om. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 May 2023, 18:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lawn mowing done. Other bits faffed with such that the garden waste bin was filled.

New banking login details acquired.

The drive down was terrible. Took me 2h 45m due to volume of traffic and idiots. The drive back was more reasonable.

I don't feel my car is running or driving very well. Really need to find a garage next week.

I am determined to have a lie in tomorrow but I have a hunch I might get roped into doing some work. At least I can (and will) charge for Saturday.

Comment

Tea has been a roast lamb dinner

Due to the seasonal shoulder of lamb issues at Sainsbury's, I only had a half shoulder, and not a very big one at that. So I also got a boned and rolled breast of lamb and roasted that too. It turned out the half shoulder wasn't that good either, being a bit lacking in flavour; I preferred the breast. Anyway, now there's lots of lamb for Scotch broth

Comment

There was the usual Canadian border stuff and New Zealand roads policing stuff earlier. And later, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And then to bed, to start reading Attack Warning Red! How Britain prepared for nuclear war by Julie McDowall

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, currently 11°C and only going up to 17° today. The barometers are on the rebound at 1018/1026mB. And while it got quite windy last night, it's died down quite a bit now

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dire night's sleep, waking at 03:50, reading book, tossing & turning, reading more book, eventually returning to the land of nod about 05:something.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.4 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.83736 psi, (up from 1019 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine positively glowing this morning.

Meanwhile on the 10th of June 2019 it was too wet for Xogg to take a walk, while NF's rearrangements had led to a space for walking up & down in the living room while thinking about Lambda functions whatever they are, with the Hapsburg lip thrown in for good measure.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on as usual. <click>.

Freecell score in the unbearable heat and ennui of a bank holiday Monday afternoon: 94%, running average: 85%.

I should be doing something. But I can't be arsed.

Walk (abbreviated) walked. The first cleg (horsefly) met its end. .

Tea: soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, a yog, some apricot halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Bits of this & that.

Weatherman Walking E3: The river Teifi. Derek in a coracle.

NCIS S19 E14 "First Steps". Moderately tedious. Much shark jumping in S19.

Car SOS S10 E4 Ford RS2000 Mk2. Another rust bucket. With knobs, bells & whistles on. Fords rust almost as well as Fiats. Total refurb of the body, including replacing the roof to get shot of the sunroof (which Ant did for Wheeler Dealers IIRC). Rebuilt engine and diff, fitted Janspeed exhaust and twin ?40DCOE? Webers. Looked nice when it was finished. Handed over on the Emmerdale set since the chap was a fan thereof.

Actually, to be fair, it was nowhere near as rusty as the Fiat Uno Turbo in S10 E1.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2023, 22:15.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Breezy. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Might get cloudier. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

Bed stripped and airing. Linen in the WM. The problem with visiting Mum on a Sunday is that it messes with my bed change routine.

Work has been in touch but I've ignored them. If the developer comes online and asks for help then I'll work. But only then.

Last night I cooked ahead for the hoards visiting this week. Made a sausage ragu which is rather tasty! Today I'll make the filling for enchiladas and maybe a one-pot garlic chicken dish so all I have to do for the next three days is assemble / reheat. This is more (proper) cooking than I've done this year!

Comment

That last paragraph left me with a very strong sense of deja-vu. Am I repeating myself?

Comment

Breakfast: a couple of croissants with strawberry jam

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      That last paragraph left me with a very strong sense of deja-vu. Am I repeating myself?
                      You're probably remembering that time you cooked last year

Comment

Working...
                      X