• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent most of the day working, helping out the developer who was mopping up the mess left on Friday.

Then I popped out to the back garden because I noticed some bamboo had shot up and must have been 10 or 12 feet tall. I was really worried that I'd have to pay someone a fortune to cut it back cos that stuff is tough! Turns out, new bamboo is really malleable and a pair of secateurs cut them down in no time. Very satisfying.

Whilst working I watched MasterChef, Location3 and Task Master.

Comment

Tea was from the kebab shop

I forgot to mention that on the way south, I was delayed for a minute or so by a Crouch Recovery vehicle collecting a car from a house about half a mile up the road from their HQ, which is on my route

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Ingrid Goes West (2017) in which… well, IMDb puts it pretty well: "An unhinged social media stalker moves to LA and ingratiates herself into the life of an Instagram star." I'd probably say "influencer" rather than "star", to make it clear that they're just an Instagram person. Anyway, I thought it was very good. The unhinged stalker Ingrid is played by Aubrey Plaza, who was also very good in Emily the Criminal

And then a couple of rewatches, first up being the gloriously deranged Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

And finally, Last Night in Soho (2021) which is IMHO even better on second viewing

Goodnight all

Comment

Was tempted to watch the Orson Welles epic about Falstaff but wasn't in the mood for it.

Morning.

Sunday.

Curiously, this morning's dream before waking involved some sort of fax machine. Very odd.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.3 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779345 psi, (up a tad overnight), 74% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of June 2019 nothing much was happening but Monday Links were up. Turns out that the prospect of 6 weeks of Tory bastardy related to the coming ascension of the tow headed scumbag Boris Bunter, the fat owl of the remove, promotion far above his limited competence.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & cool breeze.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog, marmalade and bramble jelly on slices of oat & barley toast, 0.91*1.555 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: a remarkably chaotic edition of Just a Minute. The thing about conspiracy theories at 13:30.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Managed to use the correct card this time. .

'Twas 27.1 deg in the saltinghouse when I returned & opened the two doors, now down to 26 deg with a bit of breeze flowing through.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 85%.

Tea: the soup & rice thing, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more UFO bollox on Blaze until it became so unutterably preposterous that the NZ Motorway Patrol thing took its place in a desperate search for reality.

After which some different bollox: Galaxy Quest. Beam me up scotty. Stone me, it's more real than Alien Files Unsealed.

NASA's unexplained files S3 E1 on Dmax.

Book of Secrets with Lance Reddick: Freemasons.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 May 2023, 20:38.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with wispy stuff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses. Barometer continuing its downward trend to 1023 mBar.

Off to see Mum today and do the front lawn as my brother picked up a replacement battery charger for the lawnmower yesterday. The weather down there is much the same, a degree cooler probably due to the sea breeze.

Mum has changed her online banking password again. I really need to get the PoA into Lloyds and sort out my own, proper, access. Her accounts don't need much maintenance but I was planning on moving a load of her savings to a better paying account.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy out, but still warm at 19°C, which is the highest on offer today. The barometers are down again at 1013/1020mB

Apparently it'll get a bit breezy later, which will blow some of the clouds away as evening passes into night

Comment

Lunch: corned beef butties

Comment

Two pigeons browsing on the lawn. I don't know what it is they eat out there, but there seems to be plenty of it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Two pigeons browsing on the lawn. I don't know what it is they eat out there, but there seems to be plenty of it
                    Pigeonpedia to the rescue!

Comment

I'm going to have a nice relaxing bath

Comment

Working...
                      X