• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ - I could do with a night’s sleep.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was an Isetta BMW 300RH, or a bubble car to you and me. Sold to BMW for inclusion in their private fleet of classic cars from their range, and thus SORN ever since.

And some of the gold diggers managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at the very ends of their seasons, but not all.

Then later, the old and young opal hunter found some opal of reasonable quality, and also went out with an aboriginal police officer to hunt a kangaroo and then cook it whole (well, apart from the guts, though they made a sort of haggis from the stomach) on a fire

Early night now as I'm still feeling a little out of sorts and generally tired

Goodnight all

Comment

Sleep seems to be evading me.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start after quite heavy rain late last night, but it already seems to be brightening up a little as some gaps turn up here and there. It's expected to be quite breezy throughout the day though. Currently 10°C, aiming for 14°, and the barometers are down at 994/1002mB

Feeling perhaps marginally better, though I haven't really done anything yet. My nose seems a bit bunged up

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with sunny intervals and flashes of blue sky. Damp from overnight rain. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 14 expected. More rain expected overnight. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Tired

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Sleep seems to be evading me.

Maybe join this club, that'll soon get you back on track...

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...mnia-club.html

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Chilly in here at 13.1 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1004.5 mBar, 29.662 in Hg, 753.43696 Torr, 14.569 psi, (down from 1007 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of May 2019 I watched MI something or other & railed at the inaccuracy of the nuclear physics, whilst NF watched Red Sparrow & railed at the Septic educational system such as it is. Enough rails to make a railway.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the unexpected sunshine.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about volunteering, which appears to be something you work at without being paid anything. Does not compute, Will Robinson.

Freecell score: 97% until the final game: running average 85%.

Tea: battered chunky cod, the last of the apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E14: 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback 289: bought: $21k with replacement wings thrown in, equivalent to £15k or £13k, total: £18320, sold: £25k. The reg number comes up as not known.

Maigret and the headless corpse 1992: don't lose your head as someone once said. . Along with "I know his name". .

Having finished the Bullet bourbon I've now moved on to a single malt: "Tamnavulin" double cask.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2023, 19:17.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The odd creature I saw outside a couple of weeks ago is back! This time I was able to get the binoculars on it and confirm that yes, it is a fox. Its tail is missing, its nearside back leg is useless and maybe shorter than it should be, as it dangles a couple of inches above the ground; and there's a large area of missing fur on its nearside shoulder and another near the middle of that side, as well as around its rump. So I think it's been run over and grievously injured some time in the past, yet managed to survive and is still out there going about its business

It's also chowing down on what looks like a bunch of dog treats or something scattered on the grass next to the second entrance of the block opposite, so somebody over there must be looking out for it - and probably for any rats that fancy its leftovers

Comment

Lunch: cold sausage sandwiches

Comment

Working...
                      X