• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Wot they all said.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all.

Morning.

Friday.

Strangely dry.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

NotSoCold in here at 12 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

998.5 mBar, 29.486 in Hg, 748.94 Torr, 14.48 psi, (down from 999 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of May 2019 I watched "Edge of Tomorrow" whilst NF watched Rashomon (1950).

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the surprisingly warm sunshine. As is, of course, only right & proper, there were a few spots of rain as I walked in through the back door.

And I seem to have some dampness in my eyes.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: whatever the feck it is that replaces Y&Y on a Friday: this time it's discussing sex ed in skools. It went <click>.

TWATO, Followed, eventually, by the thing about the EyeRack War at 13:45.

Trip to that Swansea with the usual 3 bags of books for the nice Oxfam people.

Naturally enough by the time I reached that Swansea the rain had started so I, and the books, got wet on the way up Wind Street and Castle street.

I feel sure they were gratified to receive "Numerical Methods: FORTRAN", totally new, unmarked & unread over the 35 years since I bought it. So that was a wise investment of £25 uninflated 1985 quidlets, along with a tome on Digital Logic, and a tome about writing compilers and interpreters.

If I'd ever read some of this stuff it might have been handy, like.

Tea: battered cod, some fruit cocktail, a yog (BBE 13/3/23), 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E12 Triumph TR6: bought: £6k, total: £7050, sold: £8k5. It's a "fuel injected" engine with triple twin carbs fitted rather than the Lucas Prince of Darkness injection system. Fuel leak from petrol tank, replaced the Lucas fuel pump with a Bosch, head off to fit hardened valve seats for leadfree, some magic water free coolant, reupholstered seats to replace rotten foam. MOT expired September 2020, Tax expired June 2020. Not SORN.

Coast & Country ITV1. Carew Castle.

Baldrick exploring the Peak District in search of Magna Carta.

Strangest Things: the Gold Hat, the German uranium cube, Harrison's H1 chronometer.

Secrets in the Ice: Oland Sweden:

https://www.archaeology.org/issues/2...igh%20ramparts.

Crashed PV1 Ventura on volcano on Kamchatka from 1944.

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/200...mber-is-found/

98 bog bodies in Finland.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0231787

The best preserved mammoth calf was dug up in Siberia & proved, eventually, to have drowned 40,000 years ago.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 March 2023, 09:00.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Raining.

Comment

Millie 15/09/2009 - 17/03/2023
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

RIP Millie.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ditto that

RIP Millie

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Millie 15/09/2009 - 17/03/2023
              That's sad. So sorry she's gone.

Comment

RIP Millie

Comment

Timesheet has been submitted and I'm declaring the weekend begun!

Lunch, BTW, was Scotch broth with a crust of wholemeal

That was the last of the Scotch broth, but I have the remains of the lamb from the other day so the slow cooker will be making some more overnight

Comment

Won't put it on Earworms thread as bad timing but had that "Deck the halls with boughs of Holly" xmas song stuck in me head today. Was singing it for ages, substituting actual lyrics with rude words obviously.

Bit more toothpaste, I mean footpath, inspection today followed by Loony Lady 1 walk. She gets slower every day.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 17 March 2023, 18:17.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been southern not-fried chicken and fries with lashings of ketchup

The car was a Triumph TR6, which was last taxed in June 2020. Those ones always make me wonder if the purchaser was a victim of the pandemic

And most of the gold diggers have very little to cheer about, apart from one family who just scraped over their chosen line at the last moment

Comment

Working...
                      X