• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Lovely sunshine, high level cloud. Currently 3 degrees with a high of 8 expected. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses with rain forecast for this evening. Barometer up to 1017 mbar.

I was woken up at 7am by someone calling out a cheery 'Good Morning!' outside. I managed to get back to sleep and then was awoken by the doorbell at 8am. This was DPD delivering a parcel. I managed to get up, sling a dressing gown on and get downstairs before they gave up and went away. I then stayed up and made coffee.

Comment

Lunch: refried chow mein from the other night, being a mixed meat one containing beef, pork and chicken. Very nice and hopefully hasn't been in the fridge too long

Comment

Lunch was spicy sardines and tomato on toast.

Reading news reports about a chap I know currently on trial for murder. He definitely killed the person but it wasn't murder. Manslaughter, for sure. Split second very bad decision made and his life is now ruined. Shame, he was (and in many ways is still) a nice chap.

Comment

Just been to the best local butcher to buy some sausages for someone who has just had scramble egg for lunch (she's not had "lunch" since she was a pup). Sausages are for tomorrow.

Smoked mackerel pate on toast for me.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It must be spring, as there's a chap mowing the big lawn out front

Very grey though, and I think there's been a shower or two

Comment

Tea has been haddock and chips from the VAT fraud chip shop, and was exceedingly nice

Comment

Phoned my Mum. She's decided to cancel all things Sky because she didn't see the point in paying £77 a month to them.

All fine until I told her that meant her phone and TV will no longer work. She didn't really care about the internet side of things and I can look after the things that depend on that for her (which is probably best).

Managed to get her phone and broadband switched (although I might just opt to not plug in the router) and I'll keep an eye out for a Freesat box of reasonable value so she can still watch the basic channels that she likes to have on while knitting.

My brother will pop in tomorrow and see if she has an old Freesat box from about 10 years ago when she last told Sky to eff off.

Comment

Eeeeh. Two days of loads of old ladies. Day to meself tomorrow thank non existent god.

PS Mind you, liked a new lady at arty farty thing. My sorta lady, a bit large, and she made some quite suggestive comments about modelling for me.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Eeeeh. Two days of loads of old ladies. Day to meself tomorrow thank non existent god.

PS Mind you, liked a new lady at arty farty thing. My sorta lady, a bit large, and she made some quite suggestive comments about modelling for me.
                    Which LL are you going to drop to make room in your schedule for a new one?

Comment

Dinner was chicken Kiev (posh truffle and parmesan one from Waitrose) and chips.

Ents was the last of the latest series of Strike which I'd downloaded to the iPlayer app yonks ago and only got around to watching this week.

Comment

Working...
                      X