• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Saturday.

This morning I dreamed of Manderley again had the fecking finals dream again. This one was about Exclusive Or and logic design. Very odd. It was a relief to wake up.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Cold in here at 10.5 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 4.4 deg in the salting house.

1029.5 mBar, 30.40111 in Hg, 772.188 Torr, 14.93 psi, (up from 1029 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of April May 2019 there was much discussion of the pending MOT of the SMC, plus the undeletion of posts by that Zeity chap who went mad back to Gorn in high dudgeon.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line in the cold grey gloom.

Shirts in the WM.

All today's eps of Wheeler Dealers are ones where I'm nut & bolt perfect in my recall thereof.

Instead of which, a youtube thing where some chap rates Hawkwind albums, followed by a youtube thing about the B58 supersonic bomber and the fiery accident at Grissom AFB that melted a number (5) of nukes, including a 9 Mt big boy.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line including the new brushed cotton pillow slips to replace the religious ones currently in use. They look quite good so I'll buy more of those when I get a round tuit.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jellly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.56 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box. The News Quiz.

House roughly vacced for the first time in a while.

Now having a quiet five minutes before commencing the preparation and cooking of the next batch of chilli con carne and fiery bol.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs, tea towels & pillow slips iRoned & airing upstairs.

Is there a way of extracting stuck together garlic granules? I've tried lots of things and am working towards a hammer drill. Oh. Nuking it does the business apparently.

Batch of chilli con carne and bol duly processed.

Tea: spag with the pretty meh bol, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Thing on R4 with Lee Anderson.

The World of Stonehenge on PBS with that Neil Oliver chap. Freecell.

The Four Just Men on Talking Pictures TV.

Freecell score: 85% (of a lot), running average 85% (and dropping). I think I've got brain rot.

Entertainment: Ancient Unexplained Files on Quest: Scottish or more correctly stone spheres found in Scotland made 5 millennia ago by neolithic people. They liked stone in the stone age. Bones found in Peru: 140 child skeletons. 500 years old. Skulls dyed red with cinnabar. Hearts removed. Ritual sacrifice. Lovely. Varna Necropolis Bulgaria: 3000 gold objects. 6000 years old. Swedish island. Sandby borg. Massacre of the men & children, women taken away. Turin shroud. :.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 March 2023, 18:11.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out but dry, currently at its peak of 6°C. The barometers are almost unchanged, being at 1016/1024mB. Looks like the nighttime temperatures will start their journey to below freezing tomorrow or Monday

Comment

Just had a nice relaxing bath

I haven't decided what to do about food yet. Spoilt for choice…

Comment

Hairdresser sorted out the grey hairs as usual.

I contemplated stopping for lunch in either Kensington or Notting Hill but decided it was too cold for traipsing around looking for edible inspiration, so home I went. Lunch was procured from one of the stall holders in the square up the road from my house.

The afternoon has been uneventful with much TV watched. I am now up to date on Trucking Hell and finally finished the last series of Shetland.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I haven't decided what to do about food yet. Spoilt for choice…
            A walk to the peri peri chicken shop turned out to be just the thing

Comment

Bonfire has burned down. No creatures caught on camera since the shrew earlier.

TFBSZ.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Apart from some stuff about African serpents this afternoon, and the usual endlessly-repeated police programmes in the evening, I didn't bother with any telly.

Getting an early night now, as there's stuff I'd like to do tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast, signs of damp. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 2) with a high of 6 forecast. Some showers expected this evening. Barometer down to 1022 mBar.

Off to the Sussex coast to visit Mum today. The weather isn't any better down there.

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 10.5 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 8.5 deg in the leanto.

1020mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.06 Torr, 14.79 psi, (down from 1025 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of May 2019 NF was taken on a rural trip around Bedfordshire due to a crash between J12 & J13 of the M1, via Aspley Guise and Woburn Sands, which, by pure coincidence, lie on the as the crow flies route between Stotfold, the A1(M) and the M5, somewhere along that route, some 30 years ago, there was a pub with a Watneys Red Barrel sign still on display. I've looked on streetview but it's not there any more.

I'd forgotten the route but google maps remembered it for me. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog <picks pip out of tooth>, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: for the 2nd week in succession the Scottish Broadcasting Corporation's Jim Naughtie on the glories of the SN fecking P in TWTS. WTF? That's the fecking world then is it? What next? Huw fecking Edwards on the glories of Plaid Cymru?

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 100% (of 20 odd), running average: 85% (85.12%). That's a bit betterer.

Tea: the first of the new batch of chilli con carne with rice (hope it's better than the bol was, otherwise it'll be meh with bells & whistles on), some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing on R4 about someone who disappeared.

Digging for Britain: The Anglo Saxons: Northumbria. Lots of skeletons.

Digging for Britain: The Tudors: Shakespeare & all that.

Endeavour S9 E2 "Uniform". Gosh. More mysteries.

Odd that Triumph ?Stag? is registered as a Morris Oxford.

The Zodiac isn't known.

The Repaire Shoppe

Quatermass II on Talking Pictures TV.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 March 2023, 12:18.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X