• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

well spotted!

Comment

The kitchen here might be a lot smaller than the old one, but it's considerably better designed, especially in terms of the amount of worktop space available. As a result, I can have both the slow cooker and the InstantPot™ going at the same time. So, having spent much of the day making the precursor stock, the slow cooker is now using half of it to make Scotch broth; and the IP is busy making scouse with the rest

I meant to do this over the weekend, with the stock bit happening overnight, but I kept forgetting to put it on

Comment

Tea, then, has been lamb scouse with a couple of slices of seedy bloomer

And four more for the freezer. Though even with two freezers, I'm going to struggle for space for them and the Scotch broth, which is still simmering gently in the slow cooker

The car earlier was a VW type 2 van, which is still apparently going strong as it's taxed until December

And some of the gold diggers had to call in a snake catcher when a deadly serpent invaded their patch. I suppose it's cool in a way that Australians can make a living out of catching snakes

Comment

TFBSZ.

Dinner was sea bass with lemon & pepper butter, with kale and leeks, and a pint of blackcurrant cordial.

Tonight’s bedtime concoction is 1000mg paracetamol, 440mg naproxen, 385mg valerian root, washed down with peppermint tea. Who says rock ‘n’ roll is dead?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Tonight’s bedtime concoction is 1000mg paracetamol, 440mg naproxen, 385mg valerian root, washed down with peppermint tea. Who says rock ‘n’ roll is dead?
            Good luck! <- manly

Comment

The pair of opal hunters who pride themselves on their digital/renewable lifestyle learned the hard way that you shouldn't try to carry a large solar panel in 65kph winds if you don't want it torn out of your hands by said winds and smashed on the ground

But other than that, most of them did OK

And the sapphire hunters came to the end of their seasons with a whole variety of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic problems yet somehow still managed to find some

I do wonder at some of the mines, machines, and electrical installations in these programmes though. Is Australia completely lacking any kind of health and safety regulations?

Anyway, time to get to bed and do a little reading before lights out

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Cold & frosty here, so outdoor jobs will have to wait. These include: lifting part of a path I put down to re-lay it flatter, putting preserver on a wooden frame, and then finishing staining a post which is going to be part of an installation at a friend’s house.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Good luck! <- manly
                I feel a bit rested this morning, so it must have worked.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

A light frost and foggy/misty out. Currently 0 degrees with a high of 6 forecast. Once the fog/mist has cleared it ought to be quite sunny. Barometer down to 1036 mBar.

All bed linen, including the mattress cover, was laundered yesterday. I even got some of it out on the line for a waft in the afternoon sunshine.

Tired this morning as I had a disturbing dream that's left me unsettled even though I don't remember much of it.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 7 February 2023, 09:13.

Comment

^^^ MillenniOM.

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny. .

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto, 2.9 deg in the saltinghouse.

1036 mBar, 30.593 in Hg, 777.06 Torr, 15.0259 psi, (up from 1035 and a tad last night), 69% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of April 2019 I was removing the rusty tin roof of a pigsty to reveal the skeleton of a dog and lots of spiders, whereas Xogg found a metal detector in his shed along with lots of little spiders.

Oooooer, mrs:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/roger-wate...033513814.html

Our Rog has upset people again. Who'd have thunk?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the bright sunshine, which was nice, the shade, however, was notsonice.

And the elephant trap cum overspill on the path is still as evil as ever, getting more so as time goes on.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red (the other red not yesterday's red) corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: my tinnitus since TWATO is wall to wall earthquake. I could, however, do without the current earworm, for which many thanks are due to the WRU, the bastards..

Some minor gardening done: lopping some branches off the apple tree, clearing weeds from around the gooseberry bushes.

Tea: Brains' faggots Liver and bacon with onion gravy when I discovered that the defrosted pack held liver rather than faggots, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. It went <click> quite often.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E4 BMW series 8: 840Ci V8: bought £3k5 (with a windscreen thrown in), Total: £5040, Sold: £5750 to a chap from Ireland which may explain why details end in 2012.

The other series 8 he looked at, 5 litre V12 or whatever, comes to a sticky end in 2007, no further details available.

Jane Seymour finding out Who she Thinks She Is. I think I've watched this before.

FBI S2 E17 "Broken Promises". Only one ep this week.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2023, 20:07.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

whereas Xogg found a metal detector in his shed along with lots of little spiders
                      Gave the detector to a bloke for his kid to play with. Still keep in touch with the little spiders.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X