• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today feels warm.

That's because it is 7 degrees rather than 3.

No meetings
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: Heinz oxtail soup with seedy bloomer toast

That was the last tin of oxtail, and I need to stock up with soup and other tinned goods generally. It so happens that I have a voucher giving me thirteen quid off a ninety quid spend at Sainsbury's which expires today. So I shall be heading over there and buying lots of things that have a long shelf life, like laundry stuff and tinned foodstuffs. At least I have a pantry to store it all in now

Comment

Over to the old flat where, among other things, I trundled forth the recycling bin, it being clear that nobody has stepped up to take on this responsibility. But there'll be some recyclable stuff among the final clearout so I'll need it myself at some point. I suppose I'll be the one to bring it in tomorrow as well

And I also disassembled my bed, ready for transportation to the tip. It's a pine thing and I did think I could hang on to it Just In Case the wood Came In Handy at some point. But it was only a cheap thing in the first place and it's seen a lot of wear, so I'd just end up with a lot of wood I'll never use cluttering the garage. I might hang on to the slats because they won't take up much space, but the rest of it can go to the tip to find a new life as chipboard or something

Then onwards to the Big Sainsbury's, where I carried out my plan of buying lots of stuff that has a long shelf life. I won't have to worry about laundry or dishwasher supplies for a long time, and I'm OK for bin liners and various other such things too. So I got my thirteen quid off

And so home to put everything away, and to guzzle the two sweet chilli chicken thighs I picked up at the tepid food counter

Comment

BOOMED!

I am contracted again, though because they have to supply me with a secure government laptop, I won't be starting for a couple of weeks

Comment

Tea has been southern not-fried chicken and chips with ketchup

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was yet another Porsche 911; DVLA doesn't recognise the reg number, so maybe the youngish chap who bought it found it a bit hard to handle and came to a sticky end

And then the latest episode of Surgeons

And after that I turned the telly off and finished reading Agent Jack. A very interesting tale

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  BOOMED!

I am contracted again, though because they have to supply me with a secure government laptop, I won't be starting for a couple of weeks
                  Good luck with that....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Same weather as yesterday.

I have a Vitality nurse visit today to check me over to make sure I'm still insurable (income replacement insurance). One last day at work before taking a week off

Comment

Working...
                      X