• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DogTW is a she, not an it, and she identifies as a human. Anyway, all that walking today on her little old legs has left her exhausted.

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car tonight was a Fiat 20 valve turbo thing I'd never heard of, but which they beefed up until it could outrun some flavour of Ferrari; taxed until October, MOT due in March.

And some of the gold diggers did remarkably well, finding much bigger nuggets than they usually get by detecting

Later, the opal hunters had varied success; while the sapphire hunters was one I'd seen before, probably when it appeared at some random time on a weekend on one of the many Discovery channels.

And then I read some more of Agent Jack, in which MI5 have determined that there isn't a Fifth Column but there are British people who'd like to join one; so they decide to set one up as a way of keeping an eye on them

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        CBS and below zero out. Added to my job list is washing The Toy, as it is filthy following the trip up north.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy. Dry. Not frosty. Currently 3 degrees with a high of 5 expected. Cloud cover may dissipate a bit as the day progresses. Barometer up to 1037 mBar.

Tired.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all
            CBS and below zero out. Added to my job list is washing The Toy, as it is filthy following the trip up north.
            Well they do say it's grim up north.

Comment

Too many old farty things today. Art thing with usual old ladies this morning and screechyoke this evening. What happened to those good old days at discos, competing with mates to see who could pull the best bird?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And then I read some more of Agent Jack, in which MI5 have determined that there isn't a Fifth Column but there are British people who'd like to join one; so they decide to set one up as a way of keeping an eye on them
                There were probably more spooks in the CPGB back in the day than proper reds. .

A trip to Leicester to walk the dog? Who'd have thunk?

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 10.1 deg, 8.5 deg in the kitchen, 4 deg in the leanto.

1037 mBar, 30.623 in Hg, 777.8 Torr, 15.04 psi, (up from 1035.5 last night), 66% RH (GDR hair), 57% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile back on the 18th of April 2019 WTFH dispatched the first squirrel of the year, whilst I had finally achieved success in submitting a passport application.

Walk (unabbreviated walked) in the sunshine & cold. The chap who wears shorts in the winter turned up & was sweating whilst I had frostbite & couldn't feel my fingers.

Lunch: baked potato with baked beans and cheese, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast (Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed), red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85% (85.1%).

The goat willow (self planted, wish I'd killed the fecker when it was little) massacred. The chainsaw ill come out to reduce what's left to something that'll die with stump killer.

Then the gooseberry bush under it will have a chance.

Tea: liver and bacon with onion gravy (very odd onon gravy, but onion gravy nonetheless), some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S17 E4 Dormobile campervan. Discarded the original engine, 3 speed gearbox, propshaft, and rear axle, replaced with a 2 litre pinto engine with auto box, a new propshaft, a Ford rear axle. Looked like a tight fit, especially when the speedo gear hooked up on the chassis when they tried to take the engine back out again.

Bought: £4k5, Total: £10,182, Sold: £11k5. I really liked that ep.

Fred Dibnal's Railway Collection: The First Railways: Fred drives the Rocket Replica. It hasn't got (or rather the original didn't have) brakes. .

Joy of Painting: E8: thankfully it's a mountain, with a cosy little cabin. I can feel the snoring coming on even as I type. . Yup. Snoring by 19:40.

"Burning Sky" on PBS. Castle Bravo. According to more recent yield calculations it was 22Mt rather than the previously stated 15Mt. That's one hell of an extra yield on the 7Mt they expected. .

FBI S2 E13 "Payback". Kidnapped kid.

FBI S2 E14 "Studio Gangster".

Possibly the Repaire Shoppe assuming that bed doesn't seem a good deal more attractive. S4 E14: grandfather clock (I sold mine), 80 year old radio set (I'm working up to selling a lot of those).
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2023, 22:13.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny but frosty start. It's just reached 0°C, but might get to 5° later; and the barometers are up yet again at 1027/1036mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

There were probably more spooks in the CPGB back in the day than proper reds. .
                    They had the opposite problem in the war: lots of people who'd been to the right school, knew the right people and so on were either already in or were drafted into the Intelligence services despite having quietly (or, in some cases, outspokenly) supported the British Union of Fascists in the 1930s

Comment

Cars have been washed.
                      I even washed The WifeTM's Audi "TT on steroids" (Q3). I realise Shorty will tell me that she could get a machine to do it, or pay a group of younger men, but she is happy because I take the time and show care when I do the job, making sure that I've gone through all the nooks and crannies to make sure it's done thoroughly.
                      Her car is currently dripping wet - too cold to buff off with a chamois.

Comment

Working...
                      X