• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Murky and cool here, currently 3.1oC (feels like 0.5 according to the thing that tells me what it feels like)
    Off to Bristol airport shortly. I’ve never flown out of there before - is it really as bad as everyone says?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all

Murky and cool here, currently 3.1oC (feels like 0.5 according to the thing that tells me what it feels like)
      Off to Bristol airport shortly. I’ve never flown out of there before - is it really as bad as everyone says?
      Only flight I caught from there left 2 hours early - everyone had checked in so the captain announced as everyone is here shall we go.

I arrived home 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

One is greatly reassured by the Chinese takeaway situation.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy with hints of sun.

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen post kettle, 9 deg in the leanto.

1024 mBar, 30.2387 in Hg, 768.06 Torr, 14.8518 psi, (down from 1025 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl, electronic).

Sunday.

Today one awakened to Will Self burbling on about being tall.

Meanwhile on the 14th of March 2019 I was wending my weary way to fecking Carmarthen for a 2nd attempt at the hearing test omitted from the first tedious visit despite my prompting. Took the car since I couldn't face 4.5 hours on the bus again and I certainly wasn't paying train fare.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & intermittent drizzle.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly blackcurrant jam & marmalade on slices of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, 0.91*1.611 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Food Programme: forget the 5 a day, it's 30 a week now. .

TWTW.

Thing about Wagner's music at 13:30: I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells of victory. . Die Valkyrie is improved immensely with helicopters, rockets & MGs.

Some minor potching with 3 AC ammeters only one of which seemed to work.

The 10A ammeter proved to be so undamped as to be useless.

Tea: Morrisons "Best of" cumberland sausages with smoked bacon and onion gravy, very toothsome (I suspect it's the salt that makes it so), the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.71 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: WW2 Treasure Hunters with that Suggs chap. Who knew a 50 cal spent AP bullet was prohibited?

The NZ Motorway Patrol S4 E3 & 4: some distressed chap trying to jump off the harbour bridge leading to big traffic jams.

Ghosts US S1 E11.

Simon Schama's History of Now: Nina Simone, Germaine Greer, James Baldwin, Margaret Atwood.

The Repair Shoppe S5 E27: French clock (hideous case, nice mechanism), 1970s radiogram: the guts don't work so they find Another One and transfer the guts of that to the other (WTF?), 18th C botanical microscope.

S5 E37 according to the Beeb: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000n1l8
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 December 2022, 23:02.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, and not very warm at 5°C. The barometers are continuing cautiously downwards at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Evening all

Dull and cold out. I've barely looked out the window today. Barometer is at 1016 mBar

After landing much later than planned yesterday, I had many missed calls from my Ocado driver. Fortunately he was a sensible chap and was more than happy to leave my shopping in a relatively safe place.

Today has been a lazy day. Very little done. Not feeling as horribly ill as previous days, which is a relief. Contemplating taking tomorrow off work.

HWMBO braved the outdoor chill this afternoon to go to the shops and is working on mulled wine and a duck casserole.

Comment

Couple of hours with neighbours, Missus Drinky next door & Missus Yacky up the road.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Only flight I caught from there left 2 hours early - everyone had checked in so the captain announced as everyone is here shall we go.

I arrived home 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
                Took off 20 minutes early because we were all on and ready. The new EasyJet cabin baggage rules seem to be speeding up boarding.
                But my rental car… manual gearbox. Only 5 forward gears.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Curtains aren't cheap, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Curtains aren't cheap, are they?
                    They also need to be bigger than you measure to allow for pleats (bought 1 pair, mrs sent them back, got the next length they were equally wrong but installed before I was told to return them a second time).

Comment

Holiday booked - 11 days in Saint Marie (Guadeloupe for those who don’t know Death in Paradise).
                      Last edited by eek; 5 December 2022, 09:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X