• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cold is lingering with a vengeance which means I'm curtailing my part in outdoor activities to go back to the hotel for another nap so I'm well enough for dinner.

Comment

Returning to ClientGov means a whole load of compliance nonsense has to be done all over again, because last time it was through the consultancy and they're out of the picture this time. So a large amount of this morning and afternoon was taken up trying to deal with all that bureaucracy

But with that done (for now…) I just had time to take over about half the DVD/Blu-ray collection, along with some stray books and clothes. I can now dismantle the big Ikea chest of drawers and start taking its component parts over; probably two or three trips unless I hire a small van, which I'm increasingly tempted to do

Comment

One result of the bureaucracy is that I didn't manage to have any lunch, so I'm reheating a cold chicken leg in the air fryer

Comment

Do you have any "Man in a Van" round your neck of the woods. For £40/£50 or so they'll help you load the van, take it to the other place and help you unload it.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Do you have any "Man in a Van" round your neck of the woods. For £40/£50 or so they'll help you load the van, take it to the other place and help you unload it.
            Yes, there's a noticeboard in the hall there on which some bloke has put his card alongside the various notices from the management, and it turns out he only lives a couple of streets away from here. Good reviews on Google and Yelp too, so I'm going to get him to shift the big stuff: washing machine, fridge, freezer, armchairs, mattress, and anything else I'd struggle with on my own. But I'm quite happy to shift anything I'm capable of getting downstairs and through the yard by myself - I could do with the exercise

As he's local I won't have to explain the whole situation about the pedestrian crossing outside and the constant traffic. Up to him if he risks it on the zigzags or gets his people to haul it to the side road

Nothing is urgent yet though. There won't even be a bed in the place nor a sofa to point at the TV until Ikea have been late next week, and no broadband until the week after that

Comment

Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks with chips, fried onions and beans

I froze that one months ago, so that's another bit less in the freezer

And it was accompanied by the remainder of an episode of Trucking Hell that I didn't complete last week

The car was a Jensen-Healey. And the gold diggers were all those amateurs who get excited over a nugget worth AUS$140, despite the fact it's clearly cost them far more than that just to get to the place they found it, everywhere in Australia being miles and miles away from wherever anybody is

Comment

No premiere tonight, but the first major motion picture rewatch was Joker (2019) which is very good, but really a total downer almost throughout. Worth watching, but don't expect to be cheered up by it

And then, as I'm apparently doomed to rewatch the Alien film cycle every few years, I figured I'd better make a start with Prometheus (2012) which I continue to insist is good no matter how much the Alien purists whine about it

It's been drizzling or even raining off and on since this afternoon, which was not forecast at all. No idea who's ordered it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  Windy and overcast in Devon. Today will be bottling cider, then cleaning demijohns, and refilling them with more juice.
                  Out for dinner tonight then over to visit dad tomorrow.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Unfrosty.

Chilly in here at 11.2 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

Bird feeder duly filled & it's quite chilly out there too.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.81 Torr, 14.808353 psi, (down from 1024 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% (Lidl).

Saturday.

Meanwhile on the 13th of March 2019 NF was replying to some idiot on Twatter, whilst I'd found that FB was down for some reason, and Xogg was busy finding fuzzy things on Google maps.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in wan sunshine. The scarf has been pressed into use & this will remain the case until April.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly (the last of the last jar, much scraping, 2 bin system failure) and marmalade os slices of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, 0.91*1.58 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score:55%. 'Nuff said.

Entertainment: forgot about the Saturday morning Wheeler Dealers until it was all over, not that there was much of innerest to be frank.

Am Dro. Carreg Cennen. Ah. It's a repeat & Carreg Cennen was the 4th walk.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Only went there to buy some bramble jelly, which was out of stock, and Glengettie teabags, which I completely forgot about despite pottering around in the requisite area. Ho hum. Demented of Neath strikes again.

Tea: fiery bol with spag, some fruit cocktail, a yog or two, 0.91*1.72 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the bits of "The secret genius of modern life: electric cars" that I missed on Thursday.

2 minutes of Ancient Aliens bollox on Gobekli Tepe.

The Normans: a Beeb prog on PBS.

Maigret S4 E9 1963 "The judge's house".
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 December 2022, 19:13.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Xogg was busy finding fuzzy things on Google maps
                      Sums up my entire life in recent years.

Aoart from loony lady walks. No 3 yesterday, no 1 today.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X