• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    CBS, etc, now, which makes a change from the heavy rain overnight.

Today I will be mostly re-writing my CV.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull, wet, windy. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 11 expected. Rain is due to clear mid-morning and the sun is forecast to return. Barometer down to 988 mBar.

Was feeling a bit better last night. Slept well and only woke up once around 1.30 am (don't remember why). This morning I have a cracking headache and my head feels heavy. I have a couple of meetings this morning and then I might go for a nap.

Comment

Morning.

No current precipitation after the deluge with murrain of beasts overnight.

Oddly sunny.

Blue sky in parts, black sky in other parts.

Dark one side, bright the other.

Cold in here at 12.9 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

986 mBar (985 before I tapped it), 29.11 in Hg, 739.56 Torr, 14.3 psi, (down from 989 last night), 77% RH.

Wednesday.

Meanwhile back on 5th March 2019 NF was quoted in NME (whatever that is) whilst I'd watched "Death Wish (2018)" which is probably the final decent film of Mr Willis.

The good news: dilbert & the other cartoon sites are back on line (I wonder why they were all off line?).

The bad news: it's hammering down again, dark, dank, dreary, dire.

Sun's out.

Oh.

Wait a minute. Dark, dank, dreary, grey again

Sun's out, time for a walk.

Walk (abbreviated due to inclemency of the weather) walked in the intermittent sunshine, wind, rain, & murrain of beasts.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast plus the unsuitable toasted crust, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last quarter of an hour of the Bill Nighy thing at 11:45, Y&Y waffling on about bust energy "suppliers". TWAO. The guff comparing Boomers with youngsters on at 13:45.

The TVs have been moved, the setup dismantled, every thing dusted & wiped with damp washingup sponges, vacuumed the carpets where it lives, removed the no longer required telephone extension for the long gone Sky box, reassembled everything while discarding some useless bits, and the needful doings tested successfully in part.

Entertainment: yesterday's Ghosts US S1 E3 ep watched.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice & peas, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.8 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E7 Dodge SRT-10 truck. Bought: $15k5, Total $19k6, Sold: $22k. Ridiculous machine. I wouldn't have been quite so keen to put my fingers in the rattulip on the top of the engine.

Ghosts US S1 E4.

Skin A&E.

Repair Shoppe: I think I've seen this one.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2022, 18:59.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was rainy again overnight and first thing. But what care I, for having neglected to set any alarms, I slept soundly until 10:30

Bit later than I'd expected, but I assume I needed it

Anyway, it's now got a bit sunnier though it's still looking very damp from the earlier downpours. Currently 9°C which is as good as it'll get, and the barometers are still pessimistic at 978/986mB

My phone updated overnight and the new version of iOS requires enabling "Developer Mode" to run your own software. So I had to Google how to do that, and then it turned out to require a restart and a further approval before I could run my barometer app that gives the unadjusted reading. The things I do for my art

Comment

Lunch has been a fish finger bap (red sauce)

I like those Sainsbury's TTD chunky fish fingers. They go well in a large bap - three of them just fit nicely

Comment

The sun has come out and I've had to go so far as to open the window in the office. It's also at an angle guaranteed to blind me.

Lunch was a fresh-baked ciabatta roll, filled with porchetta and cucumber. Accompanied by some McCoys salt and vinegar crisps.

Comment

For some reason my Teams account at ClientGov never got suspended. This time on Wednesday, they have a profession-wide meeting on Teams, which usually starts with a quick fun quiz and then has all the portfolios taking turns to update everyone on stuff, and this inevitably leads to a lot of supplementary side conversations happening on chat (text). But because I'm still connected, my Apple Watch goes berserk with all the notifications from the chat

It's pinging four to six times a minute at the moment and has been since 3pm. At about 3:40 it'll fall quiet, and then a minute or so later there'll be one final "ping" to tell me the recording of the meeting is now available

Comment

Aren't those automated chat help things rubbish? Had a problem with online credit card payment authentication pop ups showing my old mobile number yet when I visited my details page in online banking it had my new number. Total waste of time getting "Cora" to understand the problem. Sorted by phone in the end, these Cora etc things only understand simple questions you can more easily find the answer to on Google.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Damn C test still showing positive. More boring days to come missing out on things.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Damn C test still showing positive. More boring days to come missing out on things.
                      <- manly

Comment

Working...
                      X