• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recycling was taken down and the bin trundled forth

Still not getting much in the way of symptoms from this lurgy except tiredness. Hardly even a headache today. Did an LFT on spec and that came up negative, so not sure what it is; a very mild cold (or similar) seems most likely

Comment

Just had a covid jab with free flu jab and blood pressure test.

so that’s a few quid earnt by the local pharmacy.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: lamb cutlets with chips, peas and gravy. Very tasty

Comment

The car earlier was an Alfa Romeo Spider, which isn't actually a spider. Then some of the gold hunters showed a degree of ingenuity, such as travelling for miles to retrieve a scrap piece of kit that had been abandoned in the outback by persons unknown decades before, and getting it back into service; so a bit like the guys with the cars

Then an old Police Interceptors to enhance the dining experience

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into National Airlines Flight 102, the 747 freighter that took off and almost immediately dropped out of the sky at Bagram air base in Afghanistan in 2013, the whole of the dropping bit being captured on dashcam by a nearby vehicle and widely circulated on social media. Turns out you shouldn't let armoured vehicles come loose and smash their way to the back of the plane on takeoff. It was determined that it was the airline's fault for not training its loadmasters properly, and giving them incorrect information to the extent they trained them at all

Very tired tonight again, so early night time.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc, but with an autumnal chill.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The car earlier was an Alfa Romeo Spider, which isn't actually a spider.
              Hold on, you can't leave it at that - I need more details!!!
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^They replaced the propshaft centre bearing, added friction pads to the ltd slip diff, replaced the hood, and MB decided that the valve cover needed painting in crackle red at some ridiculous price. Lots of stuff got painted but that was never mentioned.

Morning.

Sunny.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Cold in here at 14.8 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto, 7 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 998 last night), 76% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.
                Meanwhile on 19th Feb 2019 my VR was confirmed: free money, the caff in Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde flooded with sewage.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the initial sunshine followed by increasingly grey gloom.

Must have been really heavy rain yesterday evening judging by the state of the road up the hill.

The shirts are about to meet the TD so the cottons can go on the line.

Shirts off the line & into the TD.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line. They won't dry completely but every little helps.

Lunch: scrambled and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive on 4, TWAO, the thing about Septic Democracy, The Arch <click>.

Shirts out of the tumble & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

All the little stones knocked off the pebble dash duly swept up & added to the existing heap of little stones knocked off the pebble dash.

Bed remade ready for later.

Smalls off the line, in the TD, out of the TD, airing.

Towels off the line, in the TD, out of the TD, airing.

Sheets off the line, in the TD, out of the TD, airing.

Tea: battered cod, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Feedback, PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E12 1977 Porsche 924. Brewer wanted it as it was the car in S1 E1 apparently. Bought $3k7, total $8k3, offered for $13k, the buyer offered $8k. Unsold.

I'm not sure I understood the mods to the fuel pressure regulator thingie or the jiggery pokery with the gear change linkage.

Oh look: http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=20665

Well there's a thing. .

Spycraft on Blaze: Deadly Poisons. Paging Heisenberg.

Ah spit mate, it's the Ozzie Car hunters: Outback Car Hunters on DMAX+1. Ford Capri, check it out mate.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:48.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, but a bit chilly due to the concomitant open skies: currently 4°C with a rise to 12° predicted, no rain due, and a bounceback of the barometers to 1002/1010mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Hold on, you can't leave it at that - I need more details!!!
                    One of its little badges had a four-leafed clover on it which was named in Italian because it was the American version of the car

Comment

Morning all

Damp out due to overnight rain. Clear blue sky with a hint of haze / wisp about it. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 12 forecast. Some passing cloud may present itself but expected to be a clear, dry and sunny day. Barometer up to 1011 mbar.

I need to set up a camera to spy on my driveway and see if my food waste bin actually gets collected tomorrow, as I'll be out visiting my Mum.

Comment

Working...
                      X