• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, minimal fluff. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

Off to visit my Mum today. In Sussex it's currently 15 degrees, high of 18 and cloudy.

Comment

Sussex eh? Hope you dont bump into a ghastly old git. I'm off to Rottingdean, near Brighton, with loony lady 1 later. Supposed to be about 18 degrees.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 1 October 2022, 09:03.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

This is TPD.

We don't do that sort of crap in here.

Kindly feck off somewhere else.

Mumsnet should suit.
          judging by your posts, mumsnet should be much more exciting, that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

judging by your posts, mumsnet should be much more exciting, that's for sure
            And yet you're still here. Take the hint.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny spells out and quite mild at 18°C, while the barometers are unchanged at 999/1007mB

Energy bill came through, based on yesterday's readings. They've been underestimating quite a bit, so it's a good thing I'm getting to pay it off at the old rate, I suppose

Comment

Afternoon.

This morning I thought I would go and get gardening supplies. So I jumped in my car and was at the garden centre 15 minutes after it opened. I got some soil which I will use to sort out the grass. I saw some bulbs and brought some but the choice wasn't that good.

So I drove to a supermarket where I knew they would have better choice. They did. Some old man decided to stand behind my car in the car park and beg with a sign. I honked and he moved.

On the way back I realised my tank was less than half full and seeing a petrol station with 159p I thought I would fill up. However that petrol station was clearly running out of fuel and people were queuing for the two pumps that were working, so I went to the next one. It happened to be the same price and I didn't have to queue.

Then I decided to drive home. I got stuck in traffic because of the bloody rail strike.

Did some gardening.

And now doing nothing.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thing on the telly now about snow leopards eating mountain goats

Before that there was something about a bunch of obstreperous macaques that live on an island somewhere. And before that it was the orangutan school, and the New Zealand wildlife rescuers

Comment

Mundane laundry has been done and draped

Comment

Day at beach at Rottingdean was nice. Very windy but quite warm & sunny. Only downside was the traveling. Impossible to go anywhere these days without long traffic jams and diversions.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X