• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was a Lotus Elise, which didn't need a huge amount doing to it. It's been untaxed (not SORN) since 2020 and the MOT expired in 2021, though

And then a bit of Cumbrian Police Interceptors

Quite tired now, and tomorrow could be quite busy what with bins and everything, so an early night seems in order

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 20.1 deg, 18 deg in the leanto and a lot less outside.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 72% RH.

Friday.

Awake unbidden at 06:03 & attempts to return to the land of nod proved unsuccessful.

Unwanted Memories of the Physics Practical exam of 50 years ago didn't help much.

Which posting returned me once again to 21st November 2018 where I rode the X5 back home under a full moon.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

According to the Wilko El Cheapo Greenhouse Thermometer (China's Finest), it's 14 deg outside.

Shirts out of the WM and hanging on the line.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts in off the line & briefly in the TD.

Cottons on the line.

Freecell score: 100% (of 6), running average 85% (84.858%).

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line & in the TD. The random number generator is doing its thing.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat & barley toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a yog (non corner), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The usual wireless proved problematic & is lucky to still exist, but another one was pressed into service in its stead & unusually got itself tuned to R3 at 11:30 since R4 proved of little innerest & R2 was worse. It was quite aethereal in its way.

Said wireless now appears to have died the death. Ho hum. I'll have to fettle the slightly less broken Lidl(tm) wireless instead.

It very nearly met its end in a fit of fury, but the bits Might Come In Handy Sometime so it survived.

Cottons out of the TD and that which required iRoning got iRoned. Now airing over the banisters.

Next batch of chilli con carne and fiery bol duly prepared and portioned up.

Walk (more abbreviated) walked in the Simpsonsesque sunshine with breeze. Pleasant enough.

Very now, probably due to the unwarranted early start to the day.

Tea: battered cod, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E12 1962 Cadillac Coupe De Ville. Amazing. Can't say I'd want one though.

Car SOS S4 E5: Mazda MX5 Eunos Japanese import.

Alias S3 E17 "The Frame": and it's not a picture frame. With a touch of attempted patricide thrown in for good measure.

Freecell score: 90% (of 10), running average 85%.

Bored enough to finish "AD 500" which was inneresting enough in its way, glad I didn't live back then, nasty brutish & short sums it up very well.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 August 2022, 22:00.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though it'll get a bit cloudier by lunchtime. No unpleasantly hot temperatures either; currently 12°C with 21° predicted. And the barometers are distinctly up at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Smalls in the WM.
          I forgot to mention yesterday that I managed to get the mundane laundry done in the morning

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with barely a hint of cloud. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Nice cool breeze coming in the window. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Very sore throat last night and overnight. Coughing and sneezing this morning.

Towels in the WM.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc
              TFIF, etc.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Towels were hung about in a gap between meetings.

Breakfast was a toasted muffin.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  TFBSZ
                  Just noticed that was an 'om (not the mod kind)

Comment

I took an early break and popped down to Sainsbury's, where the only other person with a mask was the lady who was parking next to me as I was leaving. No shortages of the stuff I remembered I wanted though

When I returned, there was a chap hanging around out the back who turned out to be the person who bought what used to be the noisy student house along the way, late last year. It's been left empty since then, and it seems some people thought this was an unsatisfactory state of affairs and took it upon themselves to remedy the situation by squatting there

An eviction notice has been posted which required them to be out by Wednesday. But they weren't. So I expect there'll be a posse of bailiffs turning up to sling them out at some point

Comment

Oh, and lunch was a couple of sweet chilli chicken thighs from the lukewarm food counter

Comment

Working...
                      X