• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc.

TFIF, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with some high level wispy stuff. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 26 forecast. Barometer up a touch to 1027 mBar.

Went to bed early again, took a while to get off to sleep but did manage to sleep straight through. I woke up before my alarm but refused to look at the clock.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 20.5 deg.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1013 last night), 68% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

And thusly I'm landed back in 16th November 2018 wherein NF spots a recycling lorry approaching when he opens the door.

Smalls out of the TD & airing upstairs.

Shirts out of the WM & drying on the line, shortly to meet the TD.

Cottons & bedsheets in the WM, to meet the line when the shirts meet the TD.

Chest felt a bit tight earlier but seems ok now. Maybe because the antihistamine has kicked in, like.

Just spent a while in "Currently Reading": stone me, I've read a lot of books.

I can feel another trip to Oxfam in Swansea coming on. .

The piles of read books are becoming dangerous.

Shirts off the line & awaiting the iRon.

Cottons on the line, during which the magnificently embosomed one next door but one engaged me in conversation for half an hour.

Which was good but would have been better if I hadn't been halfway through cooking lunch and had already made a pot of tea. .

Said lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Curiously the scrambled egg seemed to have benefited from standing uncooked for half an hour, whilst the pot of Glengettie met the microwave as each mug was consumed.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Those of the cottons that required iRoning duly iRoned and now airing over the banisters.

Sheets in off the line & airing over the banisters.

Knackered now, since it may be 21.4 deg in here but it's 28.6 deg in the salting house where I was doing the needful iRoning.

Curiously I found a reference to "The Jubilee Slide" in the welsh coalmines site, which led to a bit of googling, previous attempts having given little in return, whereas this time https://webapps.bgs.ac.uk/Memoirs/docs/B01830.html turned up with loads of details on same.

It's a wonder that so much coal was won from the coal field considering how complex the geology is around here, what with slides, faults, and disturbances by the shedload.

Following the earlier exertions, turned on the TV to find "Captain Scarlett" in the listings.

Sadly it turned out not to have any Mysterons therein, but rather someone riding horses in the 19th century or somesuch..

I was rather disappointed. That Captain Black was such a nice chap too.

Instead there's Ancient Aliens bollox: Roswell Relics followed by Skinwalker Ranch.

Tea: battered cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E22 "Bad Timing": "to be continued" except it got cancelled.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E7 Lamborghini Urraco, whatever the feck that is, they only made 800 of them, it can't be started, the brakes are stuck on, and the clutch pedal is fecked.

Well the feckness is down to the clutch hose leaking fluid: replacement hose: £25, one end being metric & the other end being UNF. And that's one hell of a crimping machine.

Refurb the driven plate: £37.

The pressure plate: £2k from Lambo. .

Stone me, setting those 4 carbs is a tricky job.

And I can remember when ignition timing could be set with a little wheel on the distributor rather than twisting the whole fecking thing.

Alias S2 E22 "The Telling" Commentary.

Alias S2 E22 Making of "The Telling". Making this tulip seems quite complicated.

Alias S3 E1 "The Two". Two years later. Where did the time go?

Alias S3 E2 "Succession". Don't lose your head.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 July 2022, 22:29.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sainsbury's has been popped to in vague hopes of missing the lunchtime rush, but it seems to have gone back to having something of a Friday morning rush anyway

But everything I remembered wanting, I got. I did notice that some of the aisles seem to have been shortened a bit, presumably to avoid the sight of empty shelves; and stuff is being moved around more than ever, with the tinned meats already gone from where they'd been moved to last week, replaced by tinned vegetables - I didn't bother checking what's taken up their previous station.

And I think I was the only person wearing a mask apart from the security guard on the bleepy thing at the entrance and the lady who mans the self checkouts

The crusty cobs seem to be back to their normal size, so last weeks smaller-seeming ones must have been an aberration

Comment

Lunch was a couple of bacon cobs, to use up the small-seeming ones. They really do seem much smaller, those ones, but they taste the same

Whilst at Sainsbury's I also delivered a number of pairs of jeans I'm unlikely to fit into again any time soon to the Oxfam clothes bank, along with a bag of literally moth-eaten jumpers. Well, I assume it was moths. Anyway, they were quite old as I haven't seemed to have any such problems for a number of years; I'd just never got around to digging that bag out and taking it.

And I also finally remembered to take the bag that has been collecting old batteries for years now; they don't take up much space so I never remembered them. But they're gone now, into the transparent cylinder provided in-store for them

Comment

Did I mention the shirt wash? I've put some shirts in the wash

Comment

Looks like TPD update info is borked again.
                Saying 7.14am today (or something like that)

Blue skies, sunny and hot here, almost crackerjack time

Comment

It's time sheet and invoice o'clock!

Comment

Friday Fizz here!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Friday Fizz here!
                      Lemsip here

Comment