• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc.

A fairly sleepless night, so I might snooze through most of today's meetings.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a decent night's sleep despite it being 25°C in here (26° when I went to bed)

Outside, it's sunny again, currently 19° and expected to reach 30°, and the barometers are down a touch but not enough to hold out any promise of reform at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry. Quelle surprise.

CBS. Quelle surprise.

Warm in here at 22.1 deg. Quelle surprise.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (unchanged since last night), 72% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly.

In an unusual fit of unexpected dynamism, I've started defrosting the fridge in the salting house.

I wonder where all those funny little dead flies came from.

I'll be able to open the freezer compartment in an hour or so, I'll be innerested to see what I find* in there. :.

*Just some ancient Morrisons wholemeal buns. :

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Nearly dead from heatstroke after the walk home. :

Turns out that Morrisons own brand beans are half the price of Heinz, whereas the 4 pack is a quarter of the price, and they taste much the same.

Found a bad egg when emptying the fridge so that's decorating the compost heap for the corvids to enjoy once they spot it.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, an indeterminate corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: In Business.

Y&Y.

The fridge is defrosting remarkably quickly.

Pressed the coolbox thing into use for the first time in yonks, it seems as effective as the fridge was with all that ice.

Looks like it's just about a year since I defrosted the fridges.

Freecell score in the unbelievable heat: 100% (of 8), running average 84%.

It's 27 deg upstairs.

It's 24 deg in here.

It's 30.8 deg in the salting house.

The fridge is well on the way to complete defrosting apart from the kilo of ice at the back of the freezer compartment which normally takes yonks before it disappears.

Strewth, it's a bit warm out there Bruce, & no mistake. Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum.

Turns out that "Discovering" isn't on at 17:00 any more, rather it's on at 15:00, which is rather inconvenient, however due to the inclement weather, the last 40 minutes of "Discovering John Wayne" was watched.

Followed by the Ancient Aliens nutjobbery, this one being Island of the Giants, or Sardinia, replete with additional nutjobbery from our favourite Oak Island nutjob, Marty Lagina.

Tea: chicken meatballs in tomato sauce with rice n peas, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E8 "I shrink therefore I am": the incredible shrinking Crichton (& everyone else) one. Moderately amusing in its way.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E9 1974 Fiat X1/9: that means it's 1/9th steel and 8/9ths rust. HTH.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2022, 18:11.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Have I missed much?

Currently 23 degrees with a high of 30 forecast. Barometer at 1024 mBar.

Friday's move went well. Except the crew missed quite a few bits. Fortunately I had to go back to the flat on Saturday to let the cleaners in so I picked up all the things they left behind, and took back the things they should have left behind

HWMBO did a sterling job of getting things unpacked and helping me organise all weekend. Still much to do as the firey ball in the sky is not helping. On Friday evening I was lamenting how hot the house was and how I wished I was back in my flat where it was always dark and cool.

Back to work today, my office is still mostly boxes but all the important bits are up and running.

Comment

Lots of odd coincidences at mo. Got a call from me bro in US last night, first time we've spoken in years, then email from only other bloke I'm acquainted with in US this morning.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Feck it's hot.

Currently 29 degrees.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Feck it's hot.

Currently 29 degrees.
                Same here.

Ugh.

I need air con.

Comment

Oops, just accidentally hit Find on a system where they haven't implemented a sample search (i.e. bring back the first 100 rows)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Oops, just accidentally hit Find on a system where they haven't implemented a sample search (i.e. bring back the first 100 rows)
                    Hilarious results have come back, which has made me fire off an email to a large group of people, including the person who wrote "THE GLOBAL RULES", which are very customised and very locked down. Because they are so customised, there is a massive fundamental flaw in them.

Comment

Ah, meetings. Hours of fun, especially in this 30° weather

Lunch was a beef butty on multiseed wholemeal

And once all the meetings were out of the way, I managed to get some actual work done

Comment

Working...
                      X