• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The car earlier was a Porsche Cayenne. The bits that needed fixing all seemed to be the same parts as used on Volkswagens though
    Gosh. VWs must have changed a bit over the last 30 years then .

It would have been good if they'd stopped the fusebox on the Passat filling with water..

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny. Warmish in here at 20.5 deg.

Blue sky.

1029.8 mBar, 30.386 in Hg, 771.81 Torr, 14.924 psi, (up from 1028 and a bit last night), 72% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM and about to meet the line.

Smalls out of the WM & gracing the line.

Shirts in the WM (apart from the one that fell down behind the freezer & I forgot about).

Smalls off the line & finishing the TD.

Shirts out of the WM & drying on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Kitchen window painted. Dulux Professional Undercoat. Wish I'd used the other drippy Dulux Professional Undercoat but I couldn't face the prospect of stirring a 5 litre can with a broomstick.

Window behind the cooker painted with That Different Paint That Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Shirts off the line & finishing in the TD.

Shirts very quckly out of the TD and roughly iRoned, followed by airing upstairs.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

After all that, knackered now. .

Sheets & cottons off the line & finishing in the TD.

Everything iRoned where needed & airing over the banisters.

Freecell score: 100% (of 12), running average 85% (84.75%).

Tea: battered cod (forgot to turn the ring down again), stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jimmy Cagney.

Farscape S4 E7 "John Quixote": the game one. Nice to see the blue lady again, even briefly. H2G2 reference. Max Headroom reference.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E8 1969 Datsun Roadster. Shouldn't it have dissolved by now? Just askin' like. . Who'd have thunk Volvo brakes would fit a Datsun?

After some of the crap they've done, I'm amazed they didn't try fitting a power steering rack instead of the steering box.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2022, 18:27.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out for bin day. Currently 17°C with the threat of 25° hanging over us, and the barometers have leaped to 1025/1030mB

The recycling bin has been de-trundled. It seems both recycling and general waste have started to come at about half eight, presumably having realised that this maximises the number of bins they can leave scattered randomly about the pavement, to the great inconvenience of wheelchair users, people with pushchairs, and so on

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Gosh. VWs must have changed a bit over the last 30 years then .
          And Audis, apparently. It was unclear whether this meant VW and Audi owners are getting lucky by being provided with parts designed for Porsches, or if Porsche owners are losing out by being overcharged for Beetle parts

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And Audis, apparently. It was unclear whether this meant VW and Audi owners are getting lucky by being provided with parts designed for Porsches, or if Porsche owners are losing out by being overcharged for Beetle parts
            It gets better...

The same parts are used in SEATs and Skodas.
            (and they are frequently assembled on the same assembly lines)

But some components are "better quality" in Audi/Porsche than in Skoda/SEAT, so I'm told.

VW Bratislava currently produces:
            Audi Q7, Audi Q8,
            Porsche Cayenne / Coupé,
            SEAT Mii electric,
            ŠKODA Citigo, Karoq,
            Volkswagen up! / e-up!, Touareg

...and they don't have separate parts bins.

Comment

I'm not sure about Lambourghinis and Bentleys, though. They might not share many components with the mainstream brands.

Or, for a laugh, anyone remember Yorkie?
              https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ml#post2624226

Comment

Lunch - ah, it seems so long ago - was sausages in finger rolls, and very nice they were too

I've noticed that I now spend the morning feeling pretty well and completely over covid, then in the early to mid afternoon, I get very tired. Good job they arrange things on this team such that meetings are as much as possible in the morning, and the afternoons left for getting actual work done

Comment

Too hot.

I have to work for the next half hour.

Then I'm done.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea has been a rack of ribs with a honey glaze accompanied by fries, and was really nice

Also accompanied by Traffic Cops as E1 of the most recent season was, for some reason, not broadcast at the same time as the rest so has recently turned up on catchup

Comment

I noticed at Sainsbury's yesterday that the tobacco kiosk is no more. Or maybe it's been moved somewhere else, because I assume they still need to sell lottery tickets. Anyway, there's a big open space where it used to be

Comment

Working...
                      X