• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey day out again, starting at 16°C again and maybe reaching 24°, with the barometers creeping up a bit further again to 1021/1029mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Quite a few as it happens.

Well there's a thing.

It's one of those "Downfall" moments.
      Yes, after a couple of years of "Oh God, what now?" I'm starting to quite enjoy the snippet of the BBC News theme that my phone plays every time a "breaking" headline comes through

Comment

Looks like he's off!

Comment

I see that someone removed my "Downfall" clip.

So here it is again again:

You can never have too much of a good thing:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 July 2022, 11:40.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thank Deity.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I had to go to Specsavers-in-Sansbury's to collect my hearing aids, having previously had to cancel because of covid, so I got the shopping done while I was there - first time since pre-covid times

There wasn't anything on the hot food counter I fancied so lunch will be a Pukka Steak Slice, which is just heating up

And I got the new Viz, although it isn't that new - been out a couple of weeks, I think

Comment

Managed to get a bit more work done today as I didn't have to stop and laugh every five minutes at a BBC News alert on my phone

Comment

Tea has been sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas

Accompanied by the start of Why Buildings Collapse on iPlayer, which seems pretty interesting

Comment

Evening all.

It's been a busy day, not helped by the hangover caused by enjoying ourselves a bit too much last night.

New place visited and rough plan formed for what goes where.

Lunch was at Marcus at The Berkeley.

The rest of the day has been spent sorting out last bits and pieces. The office has been decommissioned and I'm watching TdF highlights before disconnecting the TV.

We were keeping half an eye on the resignations last night and having a giggle at the goings on. Woke up this morning and wondered how many people had quit overnight. Turned the radio on to listen to Today and was amused by the "another minister has resigned" announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Accompanied by the start of Why Buildings Collapse on iPlayer, which seems pretty interesting
                      That was indeed pretty interesting, though I'm not sure I learned anything I didn't already know

The car earlier was a Porsche Cayenne. The bits that needed fixing all seemed to be the same parts as used on Volkswagens though

And the recycling bin has been trundled against the morrow. Lots of bins out tonight; I get the impression some of the properties in the terrace wait a few weeks until all their general waste bins are full and then put them all out at once.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X