• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice walk through a graveyard to Charing Cross Hospital in the sunshine. Now to go and see what further outrage is ongoing in general

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Oh, it's back. Was getting 504 error all yesterday evening.

Morning.

Damply dry.

Greyish while wanly sunny.

Much less windy.

Cool in here at 19.4 deg.

1011 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1003 yesterday), 73% RH.

Monday.

Very odd dream before waking.

Telex machine gleaming brightly.

One has just been StreetViewed(tm).

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

One noted that the deal on Heinz(tm) soup has disappeared. Gone from 4 for £3 to £1.35 a can. .

Entertainment: The bottom line (calm down xogg) on R4 all about petrol forecourts and suchlike. Who knew it was so complicated?

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about 2nd homes until the Welsh Government woman came on with one of those dr o pping ou t telephone lines (presumably the usual irritating interweb one) came on, whereupon it went .

Curiously, it would appear that the plant, previously identified as an Early Purple Orchid, isn't, it being more likely to be a Southern Marsh Orchid, which makes more sense considering the garden would have been part of a marsh 230 years ago, before the canal was buiilt.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away, not out of necessity but rather to see how the price of Heinz soups compared: 95p rather than £1.35.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert Mitchum.

Farscape S3 E20 "Into the lion's den part one: lambs to the slaughter".

Tea: more of the cumberland sausage with carrots & onions, some stewed gooseberries and custard, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E26 Landcruiser FJ60. Sort sort of Land Rovery type thing apparently.
      It's doing that thing where half the post disappears again.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are finally up

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It's doing that thing where half the post disappears again.
          I had a look in the database and the whole post was there with nothing obvious to suggest why it might not display in full. So I cleared the server-side cache, and it's OK now

Must be something to do with the edit not triggering a cache update for some reason.

Comment

Tea: chicken cacciatore with chips

Accompanied by a new opal hunters episode

Comment

After the opals, more from the frog ranch people. It appears they're trying to retrieve a large box that's in a flooded cave. I suppose it helps pass the time; there isn't a lot else to do in Utah

Anyway, they got a chain attached to it, and next week they're going to use underwater pneumatic drills to break up boulders so they can drag it along the cave to the entrance

Tired now

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I had a look in the database and the whole post was there with nothing obvious to suggest why it might not display in full. So I cleared the server-side cache, and it's OK now

Must be something to do with the edit not triggering a cache update for some reason.
                Cheers, Nick.

Must be sommat to do with the way I edit stuff.

I noticed the Frog Farm thing was on but resisted the urge to watch yet another load of tosh.

If they had the Ark of the Covenant on a chain, then it'd be different. .

Freecell score (first attempt): 86%, running average 85%.

Freecell score (2nd attempt): 100%, running average 85%. :.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

boiled beef (croc pot) and carrots very nice.

Watching Apparitions an everyday story of possessed folk. How martin Shaw kept a straight face is the real revelation!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all
                    Back at my desk and catching up on emails on a cloudy day.
                    A week with my dad and then some serious gardening yesterday means I'm glad to be staring at a computer for a few days.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Supposed to be a sunny start out but there's some fairly large chunks of white fluffiness getting in the way from time to time. Currently 13°C and heading for 21°, and the barometers continue inching upwards at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Working...
                      X