• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I haven't got much of an appetite, but I persuaded myself to have some chicken and barley soup, and I feel a little better for it. At least I can still taste things
    The injections work.

Having covid is boring as you aren't that ill if the vaccinations work but you can't go out anywhere. I had it earlier on the year just before all the laws changed.

​​​​​
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh Afternoon!

Why is my car always dirty two days after I washed it?

​​
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The injections work.

Having covid is boring as you aren't that ill if the vaccinations work but you can't go out anywhere. I had it earlier on the year just before all the laws changed.

​​​​​
        Yes, I assume it might be a lot worse without the vaccinations. But it's pretty unpleasant as it is

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Oh Afternoon!

Why is my car always dirty two days after I washed it?

​​
          It's usually dust from the Sahara

Comment

After returning from my ungodly early start, I went back to bed for a few hours.

When I got up, the clouds had largely cleared and the sun had come out and it was a very pleasant drive down to the parentals. It started to rain as I approached their place so I decided not to bother with a detour to the car wash (same dust as on SE's car, I suspect).

A nice day was had with the parentals. The sun came out occasionally and it was rather on the breezy side.

The drive home was uneventful too. Some showers of varying enthusiasm.

Had to park in the next street as no room on my road. I'm so looking forward to having a driveway!

Comment

My temperature went up unpleasantly during the day, but it seems to have dropped a little. Still too high for my liking

The pulse oximeter is showing 98% though

Better try to get some sleep and hope for the best tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny. Very sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool at 18.6 deg in here.

1027 mBar, 30.327 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.89 psi (up from 1023 last night), 71% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing brightly.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked: Swan count: fishpond: 2, first pond: 0.

Horsefly/clegg count: attempted to kill several & failed each time.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%. Bit of a struggle with one of those impossible ones.

Tea: lamb's liver, bacon, & onion gravy, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Deborah Kerr.

Farscape S3 E15 "Infinite Possibilities Part II: Icarus Abides": one way to get rid of a dup.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E21: Ford Bronco Mk V.

Gosh. Snapped off inlet manifold bolts. Used a TIG welder to a) heat up said bolt and b) add some metal so he could grip the bolt & wind it out of the head, the heat (which would have been considerable) having broken the bond between the bolt & the head.

Reminded me of the bodge I did on the inlet manifold of my Ford Zodiac Mk IV back in 1976. .
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 June 2022, 19:25.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                  CBS, etc.

Trip to Lyme Regis yesterday involved the usual sampling of rums and gins in the "Seriously Good Wine Co" (Out of date website, but great shop). They've launched their own rum and while The WifeTM was in some other shop, me and The DogTW were inside. When The WifeTM asked if I was ready to go, I pointed out that it was father's day and that The DogTW was thinking about buying me a bottle of rum. Clever dog.

The evening's televisual entertainment was "A Small Favour", which almost got turned off after a few minutes, but was worth sticking through to the end.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with some wispy fluff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

As the bed had been changed yesterday (which I omitted from my reports), it's now bed linen wash day. Ordinarily I'd have done that yesterday but I was out. I decided in my wisdom last night to put the first load on a delayed start timer. Once again I forgot that the timer is relative to when the cycle is due to finish, not due to start, so I was woken at 0645 by the WM going into its first of many spin cycles. The first load was therefore done and hung up by 0720 and I went back to bed for an hour.

The pillow cases are now in the WM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It can show up within two days. And I tested negative immediately before setting off on Thursday morning…

Also, I hadn't been anywhere else that I recall earlier in the week, like in shops or what have you.
                      My friend's husband has just tested positive with the faintest of faint lines on the test strip apparently. I'm not symptomatic but will do a test later just in case. As HWMBO and I spent a reasonable amount of time with them over the weekend, I'm hoping my lucky streak isn't broken.

Comment

Working...
                      X