• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It was a pleasant, but brief, walk home in the afternoon sunshine. Now to decide what I'm doing this evening.

No more tipples as I have another 9am start tomorrow wherein I need to present myself as sensible and professional.
    That’ll be a first
    Last edited by eek; 25 May 2022, 18:59.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nice pali coming up!
      Om.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

That’ll be a first
        Bloomin' cheek!

Comment

Tea has been lamb scouse, with a couple of thick ends of seedy bloomer

Comment

I might put a bit more laundry on, so as to achieve empty basket nirvana
            I didn't do this.

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Toyota MR2, and then the bicycling was back. So I spent time working on a talk I'm giving tomorrow afternoon to ClientGov's developer group, about debugging JavaScript using browser developer tools

And whilst and after dining, a thing on iPlayer about the Commandos. Their training doesn't get any easier than it is every time they do one of these programmes.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start though with some wispy high thin cloud, already at a baking 14°C and with 18° expected, though with more cloud; barometers up at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Morning all

Slept in, which was very nice. Overcast out, but a pleasant morning none the less.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 17.5 deg in here.

1019 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1016 last night), 73% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling engineers made their merry way along the road without waking me. Which was nice.

This morning's dreams seemed to involve something about NCIS. Which made a change from the trauma of copying CP/M diskettes.

Entertainment: Discovering Richard Attenborough (the remaining 40 minutes).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: baked potato with beans and cheese, a red corner yog, bramble sandwich, marmalade on toasted sunflower & pumpkin seed, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Sliced bread: electric toothbrushes. £500 for a toothbrush? Don't tell Zeity.

TWAO.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 85% (84.598%).

Entertainment: Discovering John Hurt.

Tea: chilli con carne & rice, some pear halves, a yog (or two), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S2 E18 "A Clockwork Nebari": the mind cleanse one with added plague.

Wheeler Dearlers: 2002 Corvette Z06. Yank tank. Clutch change: remove rear suspension. You fecking what? That even dumber than Yesterday's Hose From Hell in its idiocy.

Faulty relay in the EBCM (electronic brake control module). Gosh. You can read the error codes sitting comfortably in the car.

Other good news: BBC4 online only. You really couldn't make this tulip up. Ah, it's been an "archive" channel for the last couple of years anyway. Which explains why there's nothing new to watch on it.

More UFO bollox on Blaze though "watching" is probably not quite wot I did, seeing as I spent a fair amount of time doing a quiz on 1960s tv programmes. Got 43 out of 50 right.

Sky Arts: The Movies: the 2ks to today. More films I've probably never heard of.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 May 2022, 22:01.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X