• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. Got a message from police search team about a missing person, 1st in my area for years. Went rushing around trying to find my pass, viz jacket etc and then got a stand down message saying they'd found them. Oh well, just FP inspections and boring shopping today then.

Went on me tod to one of those open garden things yesterday as loony lady 1 backed out due to a bit of drizzle. A couple came up to me and said "Hello <real xoggoth name here> how are you doing?" and I didn't have a clue who they were. Embarassing.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Went on me tod to one of those open garden things yesterday as loony lady 1 backed out due to a bit of drizzle. A couple came up to me and said "Hello how are you doing?" and I didn't have a clue who they were. Embarassing.
      Ain't it just. It's been happening to me for at least 20 years.

Chap in the postoffice: "Hello <name> How are you doing?"

Didn't know him from Adam, turned out we were in skool together for 10 years or more.

Chap wanders across Lidl(tm) carpark: "You don't remember me do you?". Indeed I didn't & still dunno WTF he was.

Outside Barclays Bank: "Hello, how are you?": didn't recognize the lady, eventually remembered she was a neighbour who'd moved away about 15 years earlier.

Don't get me started on the ex Esteemed Customers.

As someone once told me, you only remember the good ones & the bad ones, the rest just fade away.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Think I know who they were now, if so, not seen them for 20 years. I'll get a bit more worried when I can't remember someone I currently spend time with.

PS Who's that ugly old bloke in the mirror?
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I thought today might be fairly quiet, but it's somehow managed to be busy, or at least feel like it is

Anyway, lunch was chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread and although I'm still very much below par, I do feel a lot better for it

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Entertainment: Y&Y about the dire state of various small businesses on the high street, the goodness & badness of vegetarianism & veganism vs meat eating etc. After which it went <click>

R4 went click at 1400. I cannot abide The Archers.

Comment

Of this morning's to-do list, all bar the commencement of The Grand Clear Out has been done. I even snuck in an extra towel wash and a walk to scout out a property nearby that I'd like to view. This also gave me opportunity to stop by Waitrose to pick up all the things I didn't remember to put on the Ocado order. I still forgot milk.

Job hunting was really just responding to enquiries on LinkedIn, which is often good enough as a starting point.

Comment

Links are finally up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Currently 14°C with 20° predicted for this afternoon - along with thunderstorms!
                  The storms never happened and it's a nice-looking sunny evening now

And the lurgy is improved, except sometimes it isn't as it seems to ebb and flow

Comment

I omitted to mention that when I went out for the walk earlier that some unscheduled showers occurred, just as I crossed the bridge over tube tracks that marks the H&F - RBKC border. I didn't have a jacket or umbrella so ended up fairly soggy. I probably looked a right state in Waitrose.

Comment

Surely looking soggy is normal for someone called ladymuck.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X