• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Always good to have corroboration. I wasn't sure if the big sign saying La Coruña International Port was sufficient evidence of where I'd woken up
    It isn't true until it's on the Internet

Comment

We're now following the coast of Spain / Portugal down to Lisbon.

La Coruña was a lovely place. I learned that the Spanish Armada set sail from there. And we supplied cannon, which are still in situ, in the 1930's to help warn off invading ships. Oh the irony!
      Last edited by ladymuck; 4 May 2022, 18:28.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        We're now following the coast of Spain / Portugal down to Lisbon.
        *checks the ship map site* Yes, you are

Tea has been a rack of ribs and chips, and very nice it was too

Comment

New shower tray for the en-suite arrived today, the old one had a crack in it (probably since it was installed). It’s heavy. 180x90cm. At least we still have the bath working in there, and the shower in the guest bathroom.

Decided earlier that it was one thing to have guitars hanging on the wall, it’s another thing to have them in tune, so after changing the battery in the tuner, they are all good to go. Now to learn to play them.

Also, almost finished the migrant house. Might even post photos here when it’s done.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For reasons that are unclear, a plane belonging to the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire is flying round and round in pretty tight circles, centered on my location, at between 1500 and 1800 feet

Flightradar24 says it's supposed to be flying from Doncaster to Brighton. I hope it isn't one of those things where the pilot's passed out and it's going to keep on circling until it runs out of fuel

Comment

It's following the Fosse Way north now and, looking at its track, it's not in a hurry to get to Brighton because it's been all over the place and doing circles in a lot of them

Comment

The car earlier was an old Saab of some kind, and the usual stuff happened with the gold diggers and the antiques chap.

Then some thing on My5 about life aboard a Trident submarine, as opposed to the normal submarine in their other submarine programme. The tricky thing about this was that any interesting question was met with "I can't tell you that", so there wasn't very much to it that didn't come under the category of general knowledge. It was probably summed up by the bit at the start when he was talking to the captain: "How long will it be until you see your families again?" "A while. I can't say any more than that." "Where will you be patrolling?" *gestures at the ocean* "Over there somewhere… maybe turning left, maybe turning right. That's really all I can tell you."

And then I caught a bit of a repeat of The Repair Shop on Quest, featuring a rather fine lamb chewing a buttercup

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  What a glorious day outside.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    ... Fosse Way ...
                    OK, you've already sent me down a rabbit hole on that one. I used to live close to Stane Street. There's a few houses round here containing "Fosse" in their name, so having checked the route of Fosse Way, it appears I live quite close to it.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here, though likely to cloud over later. It's already up to 11° with 18° likely, and the barometers are bouncing back at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Working...
                      X