• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: ribs and chips

Accompanied by the rest of an episode of Police Interceptors that I didn't finish the other night

Comment

All play bin day tomorrow, so the weekend excesses are now on view for the whole lane.

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There was no car programme earlier, as for some reason they don't show it on Bank Holidays. They had Australian opal hunters instead, who were much the same in terms of random good or bad luck as the Australian gold diggers that followed. And the antiques bloke went to a few places that were reasonably interesting.

Later viewing was Trucking Hell which, in a flashback to the first series, was all Crouch Recovery, all the way (though no Rory)

And then I was reading The Book of Shaders as it seems like an exceptionally useful resource and will save me a lot of time trying to work stuff out for myself

Back to work tomorrow, and it's the end of our sprint. I have failed to complete my chosen tasks this time, partly because I had to deal with a couple of urgent bug fixes, and partly because of being expected to attend so many sodding meetings

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          A bit of rain overnight but the lane was dry this morning out on our walk. About 10oC with some high level light cloud.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Very odd dreams this morning.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

The damp side of wet.

Chilly in here at 15.3 deg.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765 Torr, 14.79 psi, (up very slightly from last night's 1019 and a bit), 69% RH.

Tuesday.

Shopping trip to Wilko & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

I was in the process of returning a trolley to Morrisons when I popped into Wilko.

By the time I came out it had gone.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, much slower than yesterday for some reason. .

Lunch: baked potoatos (small so 3 off) with cheese & baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO.

In an unexpected fit of endeavour, much of the afternoon was taken up with fitting yet another dual 13A socket in the tin shed so that the newly purchased 30W LED light over the workbench had somewhere to plug into.

After which unusual exercise I was totally wiped out.

Entertainment: Discovering Daniel Day Lewis. Mildly surprised to see how many of his epics I've watched or exist in one or other of the many piles.

Farscape S1 E22 "Family Ties": of course being end of season There Must Be A Cliffhanger, tough tulip if it gets cancelled with no S2.

Tea: Tesco battered cod (which I managed not to overcook), some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea whilst watching the final ep of Greg Thingie's Pembroke farmhouse restoration from 2006, as shown on BBC4.

FBI S1 E11 "Identity Crisis".
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 May 2022, 19:57.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's cloudy but the sun is trying to break though. It was quite foggy early this morning.

I have no idea where we are, somewhere between Portsmouth and La Coruña. On board WiFi is a bit patchy and my banking apps are refusing to connect due to security something or others.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

It's cloudy but the sun is trying to break though. It was quite foggy early this morning.

I have no idea where we are, somewhere between Portsmouth and La Coruña. On board WiFi is a bit patchy and my banking apps are refusing to connect due to security something or others.
                Yep - the way a cruise ship runs wifi internet screams dodgy of f*** when a bank is checking the connection...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon.

Nice and grey today.

Need to nip to the shop in the minute.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It seems I didn't post this morning. That would be because I had somebody from the consultancy nagging me about timesheets before I was even out of bed - despite getting timesheets from the agency, they also expect me to update their own internal timesheet system, which I always forget because I didn't have to do that last year

And then they had to remind me that although the agency works on days, their system works on hours, so I had to go back and correct them all

Anyway, it's a grey sort of day; currently 11°C heading for 13°, with rain expected this evening. Barometers are up a tiny bit at 1014/1022mB

This is an actual chart presented during a meeting this morning
                    Pie chart labelled "Red, Amber, Green": red is blue, Amber is red, and Green is amber.

Comment

Ah, that's where we are...

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-311000983

Comment

Working...
                      X