• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrant house roof is built (but needs assembly), as is the front wall, porch and entrance. Prefab work on the side walls is almost complete. Tomorrow, while in Teams meetings, I intend to finish the prefab of the side walls and work on the rear one.

Apart from that, TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Teatime-and-after viewing was an episode of The Repair Shop

And then the Air Crash Investigation into the plane that hit the Pentagon, except there wasn't that much investigating involved because there wasn't much plane left, so it was filled up with a bunch of general stuff about 9-11

Early night now with a vague notion of getting the walk in early tomorrow. Just think, this time last week I was on the long-running train back from London and still over two hours from home

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS but chilly. TFIF, etc. Going for the morning perambulation.

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes, walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Not the warmest start, so I wore the nice, warm winter coat. It's now up to 7°C though it was 5° when I set off about an hour ago, with 12° due later. Barometers up a little bit more at 1025/1033mB, but it's still quite overcast

The recycling bins hadn't been done, so bag inspection was performed along the way. The Carlsberg household had put up a good showing, but nothing of not from the Carling Black Label people. I'm beginning to wonder if the latter dedicate a bag to beer cans and fill it over several weeks, thus giving the occasional impression of a sterling effort when in reality they're pretty lightweight

Then again, they do feel it's worth keeping a bag just for beer packaging, so marks for consistency I suppose

Comment

A very enjoyable walk was had, the mist in the valleys is burning off and it's going to be a lovely day (apart from that "work" thing)

Comment

Morning.

Sunny.

Dry.

Chillier in here at 14.9 deg. Brrrr.

1029.5 mBar, 30.4 in Hg, 772.188 Torr, 14.93 psi, (unchanged), 69% RH.

Friday apparently though how the feck I know that is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Ah. That's what that funny typewritery machine is for. Decoding the date.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Gosh it's all go.

Smalls out of the TD for a bit.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the blazing sunshine.

Shirts out of the TD.

Smalls back in the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive on 4: Barbra Streisand.

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

Cottons out of the TD.

Pillowcases roughly iRoned.

Freecell score: dire, running average: less than yesterday. So far out of the zone it was hidden by clouds of galactic gas.

Entertainment: Discovering Roy Scheider Half an hour early so I didn't bother.

Tea: mediocre breaded haddock, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S1 E20 "The hidden memory": part 2 of yesterday's epic: or how to free Crichton with one bound.

Feck nose wot else, only time will tell.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84. something.

The Mediaeval Dead: the one about the Finnish swordsman, and the one about the Cathars.

Forgot to mention yesterday that I saw a woodpecker on the walk (unabbreviated), which is unusual. It was one of those with the red head.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2022, 21:26.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Darn it! Quite a few years ago I was looking for some land to buy. It was mainly to enjoy rather than as investment so never did, as found nothing very attractive. Now I wish I'd just brought anything, prices about £20k for 0.1 acres, as opposed to <£20k an acre back then.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Darn it! Quite a few years ago I was looking for some land to buy. It was mainly to enjoy rather than as investment so never did, as found nothing very attractive. Now I wish I'd just brought anything, prices about £20k for 0.1 acres, as opposed to <£20k an acre back then.
                  Buying woods became very attractive during lockdown. People in England would travel to their "wood" for fresh air. Funnily I've met a couple of people who own woods at different times and long before Covid. The common theme with both of them was that they were embarrassed to make such a "stupid and useless" purchase at the time. They purchased it just because and it was land that would never ever get planning permission on.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mod Century!

Comment

Shopping has been done, so lunch was from the tepid food counter: lemon and pepper chicken thighs, which I'd not tried before (they may be new). I found them quite nice, though not the sort of thing I'd want every day

And I picked up one of my birthday presents to myself: a new Henry Xtra vacuum cleaner. I suppose getting excited about such a thing is what happens when you get old

But it was quite heavily discounted at Argos, which is now in Sainsbury's, and none of my existing vacuums seem tremendously good at the job so it's worth a pop

Meanwhile: an urgent bug report was raised this morning about some data that had supposedly gone missing, as it didn't appear in the CSV files that are used for preparing reports to the minister. So I've been plugging away trying to work out what was going wrong, this being a part of the codebase with which I'm only slightly familiar. Turns out the data they want are in there, just over the far end under a different name, and the name they'd like to see them under is just a prettification thing on the website UI. So I'm now waiting to hear if the people who use this will be told to look over at the far end of the spreadsheet, or whether I'm to replicate the same data items under a different column heading near the start just to avoid confusing anybody. Ah well, at least it'll be a quick fix if it's needed

Comment

Working...
                      X