• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all off to Burrow Farm Gardens today, will make a break from gardening. The DogTW woke me at 3:15, and then it took ages to get back to sleep. Can’t see today being productive.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ Om from 2 days ago. .

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Polleny.

Warmish side of not chilly at all at 16 deg in here.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.765 psi, (down from 1025 last night), 72% RH.

Sunday.

Poor night's sleep all in, woke at 02:25, 05:25 (for the Shipping Forecast), and dozed through various other stuff, the only memorable thing being Bells on Sunday which reminded me of Esmerelda.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the high haze & sunshine.

Precautions against itchy eyes were taken beforehand.

Today's butterflies: a blue butterfly, probably a common, a yellow butterfly, probably a brimstone, a peacock butterfly, an orange tipped butterfly, and a white buttery, possibly a green veined white.

And something else but I've since forgotten it.

Lunch: roast beef roast lamb roast chciken baked potato with cheese, hot smoked paprika (it fell out of the cupboard) and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The unbelievable truth (repeated from last Monday so I knew all the answers).

7 lawns mown. Knackered now.

It went very grey and quite chilly with the promise of rain, but happily enough, the rain held off long enough for me to finish the job.

Tea: pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I was presented with an easter egg by them next door, and having zero selfcontrol have duly eaten same.

Entertainment: some nonsense on Blaze about The Bible, The Apocrypha, & other such stuff.

Wasn't far of the good old Ancient Aliens bollox, except with rabbis & Biblical type chaps & chapesses.

Doctor Who: the updated Sea Devils one.

Can't remember for the life of me WTF the New Year's ep was all about.

Ah.

Thanks to imdb it was the Dalek timeloop one in the storage units.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 April 2022, 19:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with more of a high haze than clustered fluffiness. Apparently it'll develop into cloud cover later. Currently 12°C with 18° on the cards, and the barometers are down a bit at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Back at the desk. Hopefully the tiredness will lift and I'll be functional again soon.

Smalls in the WM.

Comment

Suppose I'd better pack all these Easter eggs and get ready to set off

Comment

Smalls were hung up, now the not-so-smalls are in the WM.

I have empty washing basket nirvana until bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Entertainment: The unbelievable truth (repeated from last Monday so I knew all the answers).
                I have just put that on, I didn't listen to it on Monday so don't know the answers

Comment

Evening all!

Ate some chocolate. Made some phone calls. Ate some chocolate. Did some gardening. Ate more chocolate etc.

Need to empty the recycling for tomorrow's bin collection.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home again!

It was a very enjoyable day, serving both as an Easter gathering and an early party for my birthday this coming Friday. My brother's wife had made a very fine cake for me, mainly chocolate but with a hint of peppermint here and there, which is a combination I've always liked

We dined outside as the weather was perfect, being nice and warm without getting unpleasantly hot. And there were two roasts, my mother having roasted a large joint of beef and my sister a stuffed turkey joint just in case the beef (which she hadn't seen) wasn't enough to go round. So I ended up arranging things such that I had two separate roast dinners in rapid succession. And then three different puddings, that being another area in which a variety of things had been prepared Just In Case

And there was plenty of beef: I've got enough for at least two meals in the fridge, and that's after leaving enough behind for my parents' dinner tomorrow

I was badgered to open my birthday presents there and then, but insisted that I'd wait until Friday, on the grounds that otherwise I'll have exactly nothing to make the day even slightly different to any other day

Comment

The only thing that seems to make my days different is the state of the Freecell score. .
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X