• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    The overnight cloud is burning off to reveal blue skies and sunshine. I think it was the first double digit morning walk this year, as it was 10.5oC when we went out.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Another day starting with a sort of high, thin, hazy overcast which will thicken later and possibly produce some drizzle. Mild enough at 12°C with 15° planned for later, and the barometers are bouncing back at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning all

Sunshine and cloud this morning. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 18 later. No rain expected. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

The final migration kicks off today, just doing the sync checks and reminding people they need to have signed their migration plans.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          On the telly here early evening, the car was a… Corvette, is it? The one about which Ralph Nader wrote Unsafe at Any Speed, which they kept disputing, though I thought their point was rather undermined by having to fit a huge aftermarket metal bar across the suspension to make it drivable.
          Chevy Corvair? Rear engined with swing axles, a design shared with the original VW Beetle.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...dful-to-drive/

https://www.hagerty.com/media/videos...vair-kill-you/

So Stirling Moss thought it was ok.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank. Really really dank, as dank as dank can be.

Grey. Exceptionally grey.

Misty to verge on foggy. Can't see the other side of the valley there's tidy then boyo.

Sunless.

Slightly less chilly in here at 14.3 deg, possitively balmy.

1012 mBar, 29.884 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.677819 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 68% RH.

Wednesday apparently, but it feels like a Thursday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the misty grey gloom of the morning.

It rained upon me towards the end, but nothing much to speak of.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y instructing the R4 audience on the financial returns available through loansharking.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 84%.

Tea: liver, sans bacon, with onion gravy, some pear halves, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Julia Roberts.

Farscape S1 E8 "That old black magic". The magic one.

Some tosh on BBC4 about Stonehenge that I've seen before & "Watched" whilst Freecelling: 100%, running average 92%.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 April 2022, 20:08.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Wednesday apparently, but it feels like a Thursday.
            Yes it does! I'm glad it's not just me

Comment

Off on Friday and Monday, so effectively tomorrow is Friday
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch is tomato and red pepper soup with a slice of toasted and buttered sourdough bread.

Comment

Lunch was a pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

I'm also getting that Thursday feeling, what with tomorrow being Friday as far as work is concerned

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still pretty cloudy out, but the rain came and went again earlier

The car on the telly is a Land Rover Series 2

Comment

Last of the beef scouse for tea, with a mix of seedy bloomer and wholemeal bread as there's assorted bits of them cluttering up the freezer

Accompanied by a new episode of Police Interceptors

Comment

Working...
                      X