• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Crossing Guard (1995) in which Jack Nicholson plays a father who plans to kill the drunk driver who killed his young daughter. It gets billed as a thriller, but it's more of a drama about the way the daughter's death has affected the father and his relationships with others. Quite heavy going at times, but good

And then S1E1 of WeCrashed, This Is Where It Begins (TV Episode 2022), an Apple TV+ thing about the rise and fall of WeWork founder Adam Neumann. It'll be interesting to compare it with The Dropout, about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos, to see which does the calamitous startup story best

"Early" night now for a change

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Currently 0 outside according to weather apps. It's warmed up 2 degrees in last 20 mins.

Nice and sunny so good window weather.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Frosty.

Cold at 11.8 deg in here.

Frosty.

1026 mBar, 30.2977 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi, (up from 1025 last night), 66% RH.

Sunday.

Woke unbidden at 05:40 and listened to R4 for a while until sleep returned.

Fed the cats.

Cooked some eating apples that I find strangely uninneresting, I shall have some with custard at lunchtime instead of yog.

Still cold out there & not much better in here.

I've managed to avoid doing any cleaning next door though the temptation to fill a bin bag or 10 with crap is almost irresistible.

Lunch: roast chicken (fillets), some stewed apple & custard (the apple being slightly more palatable, mostly due to the added sugar), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

All in all pretty much meh, but slightly less so than some meh meals recently.

Entertainment: "Just a minute", the cookery thing, TWTW, this last with the usual lying scumbag politicos do their lying thing and some twat who thinks that turning the earth into a version of "The subways on Tazoo" by building an infinity of windmills and solar farms is A Good Idea. .

Worth listening to this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00161qw

At 40 minutes in there's a prime example of Tory incompetence (it was ever thus), fortunately the idiocy of Nott the Defence Secretery hadn't had time to decimate the Navy so the Argies got to sink ship for him instead, and various shoot, bomb, and fry other members of the armed forces.

But of course, there was no blame attached to the useless Tory bastards at all. Wot a surprise.

The only man with any honour whatsoever was Carrington.

In text:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6514011.stm

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the greyer and greyer and greyer gloom with a little sunshine now & again.

A casualty was being freighted off the footpath in a little electric trolley type 4WD thingie whilst I was coming back down.

Tea: leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment; "The Phenomenon" being an actually inneresting UFO programme going over the history from Roswell through to a Close Encounter of the 3rd kind in Zimbabwe in 1995.

The Ipcress File S1 E5. Gosh this is drawn out. Curious turn of events re the reprogramming of Harry. .

The UFO bollox on Blaze: book of Enoch, alien gods, the usual bollox.

However, on the bright side, the Ancient Alien researches haven't appeared which is a definite plus.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 April 2022, 21:11.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with bits of fluff this morning. Currently 5 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 9 expected. Light showers forecast later this afternoon.

BA have sorted out my flights and I'm back on the 1855 to LCY tomorrow. Thank goodness I don't have to get to the airport for 0500!

Comment

Morning denizens

There's a sort of thin overcast out so it's not actually sunny but it it is quite bright

Currently 6°C with 9° on the cards for late afternoon; and the barometers are slightly up at 1018/1026mB

Comment

For lunch today, I've continued my exploration of Pukka Pies' new snack range with their Jumbo Pork Sausage Roll. I had mine heated through (though they can be eaten cold), and it was really good. A worthy competitor to Greggs sausage rolls, which is an impressive achievement

Comment

Amidst the baked goods excitement, I still found time to get the mundane laundry on, done, and draped

Comment

I bothered washing my car so I can see out of it and realised all the supermarket forecourts have run out of petrol thanks to some *******.

Better go and pump up those bike tyres before the rain comes down.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Teatime space brouhaha with Star Trek: The Next Generation S5E8, Unification II (TV Episode 1991) featuring that Spock chappy from TOS

Comment

Working...
                      X