• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

I see the chilly weather is due to continue for some time. I'm switching back to the thick woolly socks tomorrow

Comment

I did notice after I got my new chair a while ago that aches and pains were noticeably reduced and I had a newfound level of energy. It soon waned back to normal levels.

I didn't realise there were more episodes of Trucking Hell, not sure where I got up to but I'll soon fathom it out.

HWMBO got some wine out of storage for his eldest's 18th that he bought and laid down many years ago. Having a bottle to "check it's ok". I'd say it's alright.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Early evening telly: the car was a VW something, gold levels are variable, antiques bloke had brought along some French celebrity I've never heard of but was largely ignored anyway as I was sorting out my evening meal.

Whilst eating that, there was a new episode of Traffic Cops

And then The Dropout S1E3, Green Juice (TV Episode 2022) in which she starts practising the deep voice, among other things happening

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Did I mention: clear blue skies, beautiful sun rise on our walk, but a baltic 0oC, with a breeze that could cut through you.

Comment

Morning denizens

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The recycling bins hadn't been done when I got back

It's a bright sunny morning, but with a pretty thick frost. Currently 2°C (it was 0° when I went out, about an hour ago) and the barometers are heading back up at 1011/1018mB. Chance of showers this afternoon

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Colder in here at 12.4 deg.

1019 and a bit mBar, 30.1 in Hg, 764.54 Torr, 14.78 psi (up from 1016 last night), 67% RH.

Friday.

Next door's cat fed.

The Other Black Cat fed.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

'Tis all go.

The state of said shirts has now achieved a level of tatterdemelionness that exceeds even my ability to tolerate, so more of those from the wardrobe are replacing said threads.

These were the last shirts iRoned by my late Mother in 2014.

Her iRoning is a good deal more impressive than my sorry attempts at the same.

Trip to town to donate a pile of dup dvds to a charity emporium of my choice, and to SORN the car, having failed to renew the MOT (no rush, it ran out in December ).

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts out of the TD and Smalls back in the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned (not to the standard of the late Mater but I did my best, like).

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM.

Sheets pegged out on the line, the rest are gracing the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunfliwer and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the thing about the BBC on R4, then Y&Y waffling on about various consumer disasters.

Odd that the FTTH emergency phone thing is now A Thing. .

Sheets off the line & in the TD.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Sheets airing over the banisters.

Tea: breaded haddock (overcooked), some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ben Kingsley.

More UFO bollox on Blaze.

It rained a bit.

Feck me, this lot is as mad as box of frogs married to a bag of hammers: JFK assassination, Jesse Ventura, the s, the , the blondes (?), plus some nutjobs verging on the millenarian (actually millenarian as in the 1000 years of peace as per Revelation).

Now NASA hiding UFO sightings in orbit. .
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 April 2022, 22:04.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Popped down to Sainsbury's and did the shopping before it got too busy (here or there), so lunch was a moderately warm "deliciously seasoned" chicken leg from the moderately warm food counter

And the recycling bin had been done when I was heading out, so that's been trundled back in

Comment

Afternoon all

Another lovely sunny but chilly day. It's 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with apparently rain expected imminently but it doesn't look like that's going to happen yet.

Doing a very tedious data cleansing task for the next migration today.

Comment

Working...
                      X