• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all!

Another day closer to the heat death of the universe.

Had a productive couple of days on site with new client.

First day WFH - let's see how it goes...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, with showers expected from lunchtime and at 100% probability right through teatime. I may have to arrange to go for my walk early

Currently 9°C, heading for 11°, and the barometers are down a bit at 1011/1018mB.

Comment

Morning.

For some odd reason The Dream included a lot of detailed info about decoding & encoding Enigma.

Dry.

Perpetual Grey.

Sunless.

Cold at 13 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762 Torr, 14.74 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

The Back is still grumbling away. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

A binbag full of crap and a carrier bag full of bottle collected so the lane up the hill looks a bit more tidier like. .

After lunch the same process will take place on the back lane, where whoever deposits the empty cans has duly been destroying his/her/its liver judging by the amount drunk over the last few weeks.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, <spits out pip>, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: about 5 minutes of whatever that story is at midday on R4, something historical from what little I gathered before it went <click>.

Another binbag of crap collected from the back lane, during which I managed to step in a pile of dogtulipe, much to my delight, that horrid sinking feeling from whichever foot does it. .

Once the day's accumulated crap had been sorted into black bag/glass recycling/plastic&tins recycling, then next door's rainwater downpipe had the requisite 6 holes drilled, 6 plugs placed therein, and 6 stainless screws duly driven.

It would have been 8 of each but I haven't got a ladder long enough to do the top one, since it's currently holding up crap off the floor in the garage. .

Totally and utterly knackered now, which is ridiculous.

I must be getting old or something.

Jeans and a jumper and a hanky washed, the jumper & the hanky are TDing, whilst the jeans can wait a bit.

Tea: the last (thankfully) of the illcooked lamb with carrots & onions, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Faye Dunaway.

Quantum Leap S5 E22 "Mirror Image": The end. The one where he sees himself in the mirror. End of, thankfully. I'd got bored with that.

Alias S1 E2 "So it begins".

Treadstone S1 E9 "The Seoul Asylum".

That thing about getting fat.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2022, 20:59.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and dull. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Light showers due this morning and more enthusiastic ones this afternoon. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Finished work late yesterday, missed Portuguese class, and ended up staying up until around 1 am faffing. The faffing included a sudden realisation that I had a mini test to do for my OU course.

Sleep thereafter was not forthcoming, 3am was observed.

Comment

Morning.

Lovely grey sky. Rain forecasted every were. I need to clean the windows.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sleep thereafter was not forthcoming, 3am was observed.
            That's why there are random posts on here early in the morning.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Noticed something on the iPad the other day, at the top of the screen it suggests what app you normally run, either with a message like "This is the first app you normally run in the morning" or "You frequently use this app when in this room of the house"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You frequently use this app when in this room of the house
                Tracking has reached new levels! Sinister.

These messages can be annoying. I occasionally get a little wiggling popup when using my Bing map thing on Chrome, "Did you know that..." but it disappears before I have time to read it.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Noticed something on the iPad the other day, at the top of the screen it suggests what app you normally run, either with a message like "This is the first app you normally run in the morning" or "You frequently use this app when in this room of the house"
                  It's watching you!

Comment

Lots of meetings today; some team-related, some departmental things. Helps pass the time, I suppose

Comment

There's a very odd quality to the light outside. Very yellow, much like when it's going to snow.

A light shower has occurred, as expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X